2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone measured the thickness of the PPV calipers and compared them to the dealer installed 5JL Brembos? My Brembo's have 1.5" of clearance from the wheel spoke to the caliper. 20" wheels.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the offset. The newer wheels have more than my 2019 to clear the calipers. I posted somewhere what the difference is but don't remember exactly. I believe mine is 24mm and 2022 is 31mm, so you're looking at .27 of an inch difference. Again, I could have used a spacer and unless someone wants to buy this setup, I might go that route in the future. Now my kid is telling me I have all this backwards so I don't know......bottom line a spacer will work and I don't know what off set means.

Offset is the centerline of the rim in relation to the hub. A positive offset which is found on most factory wheels means that the centerline of the wheel sits on the inner side of the hub, 31mm for example. A 0 offset rim center is directly centered with the hub. A negative offset means that this center line is moving away from the hub and extending outwards.

Offset and spoke clearance are two different things which can be correlated, but don’t have to be. The new gen wheels are designed to work with the new brakes, the old gen wheels were not designed with this in mind. The offset of the wheels in this situation are irrelevant to spoke clearance.

In the aftermarket you could probably find rims in both offsets that clear or do not clear, all in the spoke design when you’re comparing rims with close to factory offset. Concave vs convex, etc.

It is also possible that another design of OEM 15-20 22” wheel could clear, so it’s important to note which kind you have that did not clear.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been multiple threads on this, and I can't remember which ones I've posted this in. So if I'm repeating myself, I apologize. But if someone could take some measurements and develop a template that could be printed or drawn on cardboard, it would allow everyone to check their wheels for clearance without having to buy anything.

cadieext11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its in the offset. The newer wheels have more than my 2019 to clear the calipers. I posted somewhere what the difference is but don't remember exactly. I believe mine is 24mm and 2022 is 31mm, so you're looking at .27 of an inch difference. Again, I could have used a spacer and unless someone wants to buy this setup, I might go that route in the future. Now my kid is telling me I have all this backwards so I don't know......bottom line a spacer will work and I don't know what off set means.

cadieext11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There have been multiple threads on this, and I can't remember which ones I've posted this in. So if I'm repeating myself, I apologize. But if someone could take some measurements and develop a template that could be printed or drawn on cardboard, it would allow everyone to check their wheels for clearance without having to buy anything.
Hope this helps. To check clearance from the mounting ears to the face of the caliper is 4.250 inches.

Attachments

• 20221006_202735.jpg
    20221006_202735.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20221006_202702.jpg
    20221006_202702.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20221006_202626.jpg
    20221006_202626.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221006_202453.jpg
    20221006_202453.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 25

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea of the weight difference between these and the OEM rotor and calipers? I recently purchased the Brembos for our Tahoe. Steering feels more weighted which I like…but my acceleration and coasting seems to be different. I feel maybe my pads are rubbing the rotors. Only place 50 miles on it and my rear drivers side rotors already has grooves. Brakes can be a tough job, I just hope they did not place some amateur to install these things on my car.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me or did all the rotors for the Brembo brakes go out of stock or discontinued?

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me or did all the rotors for the Brembo brakes go out of stock or discontinued?
They are on National back order. You will have to scout the internet to find them. Try 404 parts and shopchevyparts websites.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are on National back order. You will have to scout the internet to find them. Try 404 parts and shopchevyparts websites.

Mrwick_02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The PPV RPO J55 brakes are the same as these: P/N 84766666

Only without the fancy paint and branding.

<
The Chevrolet Performance Front Brake System features Brembo 6-piston, fixed aluminum calipers and larger-than-stock Duralife™ rotors for an 84% increase in brake pad area and a 42% increase in rotor area to increase thermal capacity. The Duralife™ hardened rotor surface helps reduce corrosion and provides quieter braking with less vibration. During testing, the Performance Brake Package provided 31% reduction in pedal force at max deceleration, and 12% reduction in pedal travel, providing improved pedal feel. Brakes are compatible with 20-inch to 22-inch original equipment or Chevrolet Accessory Wheels
>

View attachment 263729 View attachment 263730
Would these work on my 03 Tahoe?... I know the regular 2019+ brakes would so I'm wondering if these would too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts