2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrRock

Reaction score
Check posts 43-45. They have my pictures and some info. Post 45 has the comparison of the dynamic friction pads vs the oem PPV pads.
I saw those, and i can see where the outer tab hole looks to line up with the PPV pads, it just looks like dynamics are a wider openings. Have you installed yours already? And what are they going on NBS or NNBS?

1badjimmy

Reaction score
I saw those, and i can see where the outer tab hole looks to line up with the PPV pads, it just looks like dynamics are a wider openings. Have you installed yours already? And what are they going on NBS or NNBS?

No I haven’t. I only test fit the calipers, rotors and some Texas edition 20” 5 star wheels on belltech drop spindles. They cleared perfectly. The wheels came from a 2018 Silverado.

My rear axle was finished today so hopefully in a week and a half I can get it in and start on the front end rebuild of my 04 Tahoe.

1badjimmy

Reaction score
The OEM pads actually use the inner hole on the pad. When I had the dynamic pads in the caliper the pin wouldn’t have even been holding the pad. If that’s as clear as mud lol.

MrRock

Reaction score
No I haven’t. I only test fit the calipers, rotors and some Texas edition 20” 5 star wheels on belltech drop spindles. They cleared perfectly. The wheels came from a 2018 Silverado.

My rear axle was finished today so hopefully in a week and a half I can get it in and start on the front end rebuild of my 04 Tahoe.
The OEM pads actually use the inner hole on the pad. When I had the dynamic pads in the caliper the pin wouldn’t have even been holding the pad. If that’s as clear as mud lol.
Cant be anymore clearer lol ill just stick to the OEMs for ease of use, and just to get the ball rolling on the NNBS. Looking forward to your progress, this hopefully will be a way for me to stop the itch of spending the big money for the wilwoods.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 and thank you for that info. I finally figured that out but wanted the confirmation.

The rotor company called me yesterday and said the fronts were too large to machine as drilled and slotted, so they were going to give me an upgrade to their premium version. I've read somewhere but haven't confirmed that they use Centric rotors and machine in house, so it will be a good product. Kinda irritates me because I wanted that drilled look but it is what it is. I should have everything this week. I'm still getting over shoulder surgery so I'm not sure when I can install.

Last edited:

1badjimmy

Reaction score
I did have to use a washer to space the caliper out a bit. I didn’t have the dust shield behind the hub bearing so it didn’t look perfectly centered.

@THarber

Could you send a link to where you got your rotors? I got the oems for cheap but love the slotted look more.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have to use a washer to space the caliper out a bit. I didn’t have the dust shield behind the hub bearing so it didn’t look perfectly centered.

@THarber

Could you send a link to where you got your rotors? I got the oems for cheap but love the slotted look more.

They called and said they could not machine them as they were too large.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a holding period. I really don't want plain rotors, so I am searching for drilled and slotted elsewhere. I think R1 Concepts has what I want but the holiday weekend is slowing me down. They also have pads which brings up the next issue. Paying $330 for stock crappy semi metallic pads is crazy. No way do I want those but I can not find any ceramic that's a direct fit.

I have the calipers and man are they HUGE!

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I can confirm as previously posted, aftermarket pads will not fit. As you can see, the holes for the slide pins do not align. I have GM pads on order.

Attachments

• 20220710_082144.jpg
    20220710_082144.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter