Installing "2021 PPV" style 6-Piston Brembo Front Brakes on a 2007 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zissou

Reaction score
Just checking in, I've logged over 6000 miles on this setup now and it has performed excellent. Towed a small Bobcat skid steer (~5000lbs w/ trailer) with no trailer brakes and braking was completely adequate. I did have to grease up the pad slides a month ago as it developed a slight squeak but all good otherwise/since.

Also changed the wheels again and these OEM 2020~ Yukon 20" wheels clear just fine as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20230529_223056368.jpg
    PXL_20230529_223056368.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 35

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking in, I've logged over 6000 miles on this setup now and it has performed excellent. Towed a small Bobcat skid steer (~5000lbs w/ trailer) with no trailer brakes and braking was completely adequate. I did have to grease up the pad slides a month ago as it developed a slight squeak but all good otherwise/since.

Also changed the wheels again and these OEM 2020~ Yukon 20" wheels clear just fine as well.
If they're the 20" silver with argent pocket (I forget the model code) they'll fit just fine as they have the same depth/offset as the steelies

Twov8sandat4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this swap over the weekend. As far as major upgrades, this was as easy as it gets. My only difficulty was getting the old banjo bolt out of the line... Someone had jammed the wrong size crush washer in there, and took me a while to get the bolt out...

Two questions for the guys who have done it. Have you noticed the brake line extending to almost maximum stretch when you turn the wheel to full lock? Has anyone run the stock 2007 Escalade wheels with these brakes? Looks like it clears by maybe 1/16" of an inch from the spokes.

Thanks guys for this thread

Attachments

• calipers.jpg
    calipers.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 39
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 38

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the brake line stretch, I didn't think to check that.

My 2011 Yukon Denali factory 20" seven spokes (similar to those esky wheels) had at least 1/16" clearance on the test fit. Unfortunately, I didn't account for spacing the caliper to center on the rotor, which of course caused contact with the wheel, so I need to order some spacers.

Twov8sandat4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brief update: The '07 Escalade wheels clear the calipers by the skin of their teeth, even with the centering spacers (probably 1/16" or less.) At some point I might get the later model wheels, but for now, they work.

I'll keep monitoring the hoses and report if I notice anything.

Thanks.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need those shims for the 4 piston upgrade kit. i've got all the parts but those. .15" thick 9/16" center ID. 1.11" wide. any help is greatly appreciated.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, for those with this set up, do you feel the extra weight of this set up wwhile driving. I have thos set up. I initially had a dragging brake issue which was resolved however I still feel my ride quality and acceleration / responsiveness affected slightly.

Twov8sandat4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, for those with this set up, do you feel the extra weight of this set up wwhile driving. I have thos set up. I initially had a dragging brake issue which was resolved however I still feel my ride quality and acceleration / responsiveness affected slightly.
I've driven over 1000 miles with this setup with no issues. Stock 07 Escalade. The only issue I have is the PowerStop pads create a ton of dust. I am looking to swap those out to some EBC Yellows when I do the C7 calipers for the rear

wulfpack06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gathering parts for this swap right now, has anyone upgraded master cylinder with this kit? I am a bit concerned about fluid flow/ quantity with upgrading to six piston. If so what Master cylinder did you use? Also is hydroboost a possibility? I have seen mixed reviews. Currently running a cam and procharger so I am a bit concerned with vacuum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar