Redoing front brakes again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I value both of the suggestions you guys gave me and so I met you both in the middle and am not doing a full break in procedure. I'm just braking gently for the next tank of gas.

Full disclosure, the only part that I greased was the sliding pins and the caliper piston boots because they were dry, I got a brush in there and removed as much of the old grease as I could from the pin holes and just gave it a light coating of lube and made sure the pins are moving freely.

I noticed when I took the brakes apart that the break dust and dirt had gathered on all the parts that I greased 2 years ago. I live in a pretty dry environment and California doesn't use salt on the roads so I felt that greasing everything would just encourage crap to stick to my brakes so I did this job dry.

Today I took the Tahoe into town and got an amazing carne asada burrito with a good friend and the brakes and burrito performed excellently.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello iamdub, any luck with this brake line information?

Thanks,
Seth

Sadly and aggravatingly, no. I even searched my emails by the entire year. No mention of Kore3 or anything of the nature anywhere. It's like it was deleted. I wouldn't have deleted it. :mad:

I swear I took a screenshot of the info when shopping. The trick is finding the laptop I would've dumped that phone's contents on at the time. I'm not giving up yet.

A call or email to Kore3 would make more sense. :D

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sadly and aggravatingly, no. I even searched my emails by the entire year. No mention of Kore3 or anything of the nature anywhere. It's like it was deleted. I wouldn't have deleted it. :mad:

I swear I took a screenshot of the info when shopping. The trick is finding the laptop I would've dumped that phone's contents on at the time. I'm not giving up yet.

Not sure if you saw this or not, or if it's even a clue. But what the hey...

Or this:

Last edited:

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for looking!

I snooped around their website, and saw their section on ‘Custom Brake Lines.’
6 line set was $189.
Very reasonable money(at least in my head).
However, I got hung up on the required info.
They need lengths. And hose end types. Looking at the pull down menus, they have ‘3/8” (10mm) banjo fitting, 20 degree angle.’

I replaced the master cylinder today on my 2013 Escalade. While ABS bleeding the system, I got a look at the brake hoses on the calipers. 20 degree angle might work on the fronts. However, the rears and almost 90 degrees.
Not sure how that is going to work out…

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you saw this or not, or if it's even a clue. But what the hey...

Or this:

That reminded me that I tried to find that Kore3 email at least once before. I swear I contacted them not long after I got the Tahoe, so mid-2016 or 2017. I scrolled through all my emails for both those years. According to that second post you linked, it was prior to June of 2017. Maybe I missed it. It's probably from an email of something like "sales@..." or "customerservice@..." and that's why an email search doesn't find it.

That at least narrows it down to about a year range. So, thanks for that!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking!

I snooped around their website, and saw their section on ‘Custom Brake Lines.’
6 line set was $189.
Very reasonable money(at least in my head).

Agreed. I don't remember what I paid for the five-line set for my S10. I'm really sure it was at least $150.

However, I got hung up on the required info.
They need lengths. And hose end types. Looking at the pull down menus, they have ‘3/8” (10mm) banjo fitting, 20 degree angle.’

I think they have the info in their database for stock hoses and that's what was used to make my quote. I'm lowered, but I really don't have a reason to deviate from the stock hose lengths.

I replaced the master cylinder today on my 2013 Escalade. While ABS bleeding the system, I got a look at the brake hoses on the calipers. 20 degree angle might work on the fronts. However, the rears and almost 90 degrees.
Not sure how that is going to work out…

Thanks to @Fless for posting that link, I was reminded that I found this info on Autozone's website. I would definitely confirm its accuracy before having custom hoses made, though. This is why I wanted to find that email from Kore3.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello iamdub, any luck with this brake line information?

Thanks,
Seth

I figured it out. I started scrolling emails in December of 2016 and that's as far back as they go. Apparently, Yahoo deleted my emails older than that. Dammit. I saw some things where you can contact Yahoo to request the deleted emails to be recovered and sent to you. For all the hassle, I'd just start with a fresh contact and quote from Kore3.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we are still here...

Since doing my brakes and replacing my front brake hoses I thought my brake pedal felt a little spongy so today I bought a big bottle of brake fluid and figured I would go do all 4 corners to get fresh fluid in there.

I used a tube going into the top of a water bottle to slip over the bleeder valve and had my daughter sit inside and press on the brake pedal with the motor off while I opened and closed the bleeder valve.

I thought I did a good job and would have her press on the pedal as hard as she could and then I would crack the bleeder valve for a moment or two and then I would re-secure the bleeder valve as to not let anything travel back up into the brake lines.

We did this on all 4 corners and felt good about it even tho I don't think I flushed all the oil fluid out of the rear lines because it was very hot and taking a long time but some new fluid is better than none.

Took it for a test drive and the brake activation point seems to be much deeper into the pedal travel now than it was yesterday after doing this brake bleeding, did I do something wrong or do I just need to pump up the brakes some more? I just drove it a couple miles down the highway and back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts