Very high pitched squeaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I’m not sure what the hell the issue is then because both places I went to I made it very clear that I would like a vehicle inspection before I take a trip. What else is there to miss. I was pretty straightforward. Starting to get a little irritated with these places. Am I good or not? How many mechanics does it take to freaking diagnose a squeaking noise?

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, I have a trip to make tomorrow and I guess if it flies off and i die idk. Tired of all these shotty shops. It’s just the way it is in my area.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, I don’t care I have a trip to make tomorrow and I guess if it flies off and i die idk. Tired of all these shotty shops. It’s just the way it is in my area.
well if it is the brakes wearing down, then it will just squeak more then eventually grind (this usually takes a number of miles)
if it is a wheel bearing it may get louder and louder or progress into a grinding noise
either way it will let you know and unless you have a discount option with a local shop then repairs on the road would be same anyway
so send-it.....

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if it is the brakes wearing down, then it will just squeak more then eventually grind (this usually takes a number of miles)
if it is a wheel bearing it may get louder and louder or progress into a grinding noise
either way it will let you know and unless you have a discount option with a local shop then repairs on the road would be same anyway
so send-it.....
the auto shop I went to said the pads are still pretty thick. They are ceramic.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost to Sioux Falls. So far so good. She gets a bit curvy at 80. It is windy and there is like grooves in the road. Any Tahoe like mine kinda shakes above 75. Of our shop ones do

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it to the hotel. Wheel hubs in the rear were a little warm to touch. Like not hot. Just like warm from the trip I’m guessing. Wheels them self weren’t warm either. It was just kinda shaky above 80 mph. Barely. Nothing to bad. It was mostly wind and those damned road grooves haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts