Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive is the MAN!!

Thank you for posting your solution to your issue. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Please add the word "FIXED" to your thread's title, to let others who are experiencing a similar issue know that this thread has an identified solution.

OP
OP
S

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welp we are back at it again. ABS is still locking up. Already replaced the calipers, brake line and the speed sensors and still it’s locking up. Front rotors looking like a whole fire ring smh when locking.

What else can it be??? Install new hubs?? Or get a new ABS module?? At this point, my last resort will be dropping this off to the dealer which is probably gonna cost me an arm and a leg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a good scanner? so this was just from a reel I saw the other day. tech having brake issues in a car. replaced everything, still bad. car been there almost a month. finally got on the tech line with an engineer, he came down and within 30mins said replace the air bag module. turns out the g sensor in the airbag module was telling the abs the car was at 4% incline and causing it a panic in the abs.

I say that just wondering if you have a scanner that can see the live data to maybe see something that doesn't look right. like a wheel speed off, a brake pressure sensor bad. I don't even know if yours has it but mine has peddle movement %. brake line psi front and back. plus the abs will tell you which coil is active and I think you can command them and off as a test. maybe disable that wheel abs solenoid and see if it's still sticking, might rule out abs?

wild guessing haha

OP
OP
S

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you have a good scanner? so this was just from a reel I saw the other day. tech having brake issues in a car. replaced everything, still bad. car been there almost a month. finally got on the tech line with an engineer, he came down and within 30mins said replace the air bag module. turns out the g sensor in the airbag module was telling the abs the car was at 4% incline and causing it a panic in the abs.

I say that just wondering if you have a scanner that can see the live data to maybe see something that doesn't look right. like a wheel speed off, a brake pressure sensor bad. I don't even know if yours has it but mine has peddle movement %. brake line psi front and back. plus the abs will tell you which coil is active and I think you can command them and off as a test. maybe disable that wheel abs solenoid and see if it's still sticking, might rule out abs?

wild guessing haha
Not a bad idea lol. What’s crazy is that recently my darn airbag light came on and code

B0084-39​

I do have an Autel Scanner and check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the insight

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stuff says that code is the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module is receiving a NOK (not OK) from that impact sensor. left front

doubt that's a thing. but just since I looked it up figured I'd lost what it says.

OP
OP
S

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So driver side impact sensor it was. It didn’t fix the ABS issue but I need to install a new on.

I was able to test the ABS using the scanner. For every time I activate each unit, the horn beeps (I’m assuming it works correctly when it does that).

The only one that did NOT beep when testing with the scanner was “

Left front inlet valve coil circuit failure(ABS)”​

Does anyone knows what this means and explaining what’s happening or not happening with the ABS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts