Fuel Pump Access Door in floor of 2007-2014 models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I had the mod researched and planned well ahead of time and even a section of floor cut out of a donor truck set aside to make an overlapping cover out of that would fit the floor perfectly, and could be sealed and bolted down. Been there, done it, and would do it again.

My rig had 150k miles and knew I was on borrow time. I also planned ahead of the mod, it saved my ass on a 1500 mile road trip. Ended up changing the fuel pump on a hotel parking lot.

OP
OP
G

GoldmistXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

GoldmistXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did that modification 4 yrs ago and have had no problems, I dont recall the measurents but it was around a 8" square. I went to the junk yard and cut out a bigger square from another yukon and made a door out of it. Most people reuse the existing sheet metal, I didnt wanna take any changes of carbon monoxide sipping up thru the gaps. Best mod ever, I've replaced the fuel pump 2 times since.

Do you happen to have any photos showing the location of the access door that you cut?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have any photos showing the location of the access door that you cut?

The one I did was on a ‘91 Squarebody Suburban. These gen of trucks are new to me so I am also in the dark in the specifics.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this. If you took your truck to a shop and paid to have the fuel pump replaced and they cut a hole in your floor rather than drop the tank, would you absolutely flip your s***? Do the job right or don’t do it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts