Fuel Pump Access Door in floor of 2007-2014 models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
It is allways nice to watch someone else do the job so you can find ways to improve on the task. IE "cutout centering on the pump to better expose the line connections" Allthough it is "butchery" I think it would be easier than dropping the tank for sure. Other than the depth of the cutoff wheel and harness interference there really isnt much of a reason not to do it? I stand corrected on my "dont do it attitude". Post some pic's and see if you can get the cutout more accurate over the pump?

OP
OP
G

GoldmistXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cut an access panel for a fuel pump on 2007 Yukon. The location was not correct. Can anyone help with the correct location for the access panel?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Cut an access panel for a fuel pump on 2007 Yukon. The location was not correct. Can anyone help with the correct location for the access panel?

Is your yukon the xl? You were supposed to cut towards the front seat. Cut about 8 inches toward the front and lift the orner and look under the sheet metal. if the 8inches is enough change the cut direction towards the passenger rear door.

After you change the pump have a muffler shop weld the cut that was in the wrong dirrection.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Is your yukon the xl? You were supposed to cut towards the front seat. Cut about 8 inches toward the front and lift the orner and look under the sheet metal. if the 8inches is enough change the cut direction towards the passenger rear door.

After you change the pump have a muffler shop weld the cut that was in the wrong dirrection.

His is an XL... you can see that his rear door jamb is straight in one part of his video.

OP
OP
G

GoldmistXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you very much but its the 2007-2014 version and in

After you change the pump have a muffler shop weld the cut that was in the wrong direction.

Yes its an XL. Yes you are right that the panel needs to be where you showed it. I cut it in the same place in the 2007 as others have done in the earlier models and it worked. Thanks!

OP
OP
G

GoldmistXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are photos showing the location of a DIY access hatch for 2007 Yukon XL fuel pump. Its basically the same location as in the pre-2007 generation. Used a Dremel with a metal cutting wheel. Was super easy. Yes it created sparks, but there was zero issue with the sparks igniting gasoline. This was MUCH easier and faster than dropping the fuel tank and havingAccess Door Location 1.jpg to disconnect all of the hoses and vent lines. Access Door Location 2.jpg Rusty Pump 11-2019.jpg