What would you do? Dealer negligent on warranty repair, now out of warranty and out $1675

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first dealership isnt going to write him a check for missing something. He'd have better luck working with 2nd dealership that work was completed and he paid.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both dealerships are listed on my complaint ticket to GM corporate, and I will give them the 2 business days response time.

If they don't refund, then the gloves come off.

EPA fine alone is $37500 for knowingly refilling a leaking system.

BBB complaint, endless negative online reviews, I have time and persistence.

Probably can reverse the Visa card payment as well, those take awhile for dealership to answer my dispute.

2 days from now and I should know something.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick with corporate. They have done this before. Your one " winning argument" is Dimmwit's failure to properly service the freon. ( I can imagine Dimmwit has a history & corporate knows)

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I suggest what I did..... Get a respectable certified shop to 'advise' of the dealer's work and have them do a "second opinion" in writing. Submit it with original dealer paperwork to GM.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I suggest what I did..... Get a respectable certified shop to 'advise' of the dealer's work and have them do a "second opinion" in writing. Submit it with original dealer paperwork to GM.

I may do this , thanks for the tip!

Yukon12383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My advice, from personal experience, is this: post a negative review with your experience at the dealership to Facebook. Try to tag GM in the post. Also be sure to contact general motors directly with your complaint.

They helped me out several years ago when I took my Yukon in with an out if warranty transmission repair. A repair that caused a new leak once completed and the dealership wanted me to pay them again to open the transmission to fix the problem they created. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice, from personal experience, is this: post a negative review with your experience at the dealership to Facebook. Try to tag GM in the post. Also be sure to contact general motors directly with your complaint.

They helped me out several years ago when I took my Yukon in with an out if warranty transmission repair. A repair that caused a new leak once completed and the dealership wanted me to pay them again to open the transmission to fix the problem they created. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks! Sounds like a plan, I am giving GM corporate until end of day tomorrow, then if no satisfaction, I am going to start the online bad reviews. Playing semi-nice until tomorrow.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Visa won’t chargeback your payment unless they hear the repair was not completed contractually. If you inform Visa within the designated time frame to dispute charges, the only recourse you’ll have is to dispute the charge as ...

Returned to dealer for covered warranty repair within the one year Mfgr warranty, was told you had to pay for a factory covered (new) repair or your vehicle would be held hostage until u paid.

When filling out the Visa dispute online or mailing it in, you must take screen shots of what you’ve written before you send it in. In other words, compose your dispute in a Word document and save it before you hit send on Visa’s online portal.

The Visa dispute will not send a copy of what you composed in a verification email. Sometimes after you compose your dispute in an online portal, they time out and destroy what you just composed. They only stay active for 10 minutes.

Lastly if you outwit the Visa portal and actually save your work by screen shotting every page that comes up, Visa will not contact you and let the dispute go inactive. Make sure you have a dispute Ref number, the date, time, name of Visa Rep and a confirm # of the initial call u made. It’s typical they’ll claim they have no knowledge of you contacting them and ask you to resubmit all your paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackjack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly, you are spinning your wheels. I had a much more clear cut situation - and was very polite with GM - and they were very "nice" with me - BUT - nothing worked because even when an arrangement was made, the dealer would not cooperate. They would not even give me the parts for me to do cam, lifters, headwork, fluids, gaskets myself!
My issue was an AFM situation where dealer didn't follow TSB change and new program needed for PPV's. In reality GM was not even at fault, since dealer ignored TSB. But that dealer sold (or was forced) out, so new management wouldn't budge. GM even offered an unreal deal on a new one, but dealer refused to "execute" by locating a "Brass hat demo PPV" because they were afraid, maybe I would not want it-despite offering payment in full for the greatly reduced price - and a 100,000 mile warranty - in advance.
I had to revert to the Courts-AND IT WORKED OUT BETTER THAN GREAT (not allowed to disclose $$ number :)) The truth prevails.
YOUR ISSUE IS SIMILAR, AN INCOMPETENT DEALER - NOT EVN GM!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts