what useful items do you carry in your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanda35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone carry tools in their Yukon/Tahoe? If so, what tools and where do you store them? In my 2003 suburban I carry a floor jack because their is room under the rear seats. But the new Denali does not have that space.. I do put a few items in the console like disinfecting wipes, a rag, a flashlight and a Leatherman multi tool. I also have a small dash cleaning brush. How about you folks?
I carry a 1/2’’ impact drill to remove lug nuts, a LED red/yellow light bar if I am disabled on a busy roadway changing a flat, I carry a battery powered inflator, a flat nylon prying tool to get the little door open to be able to let the spare tire down (next to hitch cover on my Premier). In the console, some wet wipes, a flash light, rubber disposable gloves for when I pump gas, a pen & a tire pressure gauge. There might be a few other things but that is all for now.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/2” breaker bar (many uses but mostly for removing lug nuts) and appropriate socket.
Tow strap recovery rope.
Jumper cables (only ever used them to help other people)
Fire extinguisher (surprised more people don’t have these in their cars)
Road flares.
Handgun.
12v air compressor.
OBD scan tool.
I’m probably forgetting some stuff.

On long road trips I’ll bring a few small hand tools like a 3/8 drive and some common sockets. I also always pack water and some snacks. Never know if you slide off the road in winter and need to spend a night in the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble

Latest posts