What would you do? Dealer negligent on warranty repair, now out of warranty and out $1675

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yea, Kalifornia alright. Now I have no regrets about "accidently" shoving one of the service advisors against a wall when he was passing by me in a crowd of other customers. Just by changing from that SA to another Dude who wasn't a hater, made all the difference in the world.

Found out recently it wasn't just me that he was making miserable with piss poor service, follow up, misleading and flat out lying. It was the entire SA team. They make fun of him now because he couldn't believe a customer shoved him. Apparently he's bummed everyone laughed at him. I don't condone what I did and regret doing it now. I can't understand why a SA would antagonize another Rep from a Service Contract company and brag to me how much they suck like he was oblivious that his child like behavior had no effect on if my claim was paid. Meh! It's over and done now.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, appreciated. So I talked to my friend (service manager at Ford), showed him my printout/receipt from the service appt. at Dimmitt. All that is listed on there is the defective windshield washers, that they told me they had to order parts(which never came so that's when I went to the GMC dealer) My friend said they probably purposely did this to leave no evidence of putting freon in the system, as they probably knew within 6 months I would be back, and over 36,000 miles, so they would not have to honor the warranty(I never bothered to read the service ticket, AC was blowing hot when I came in, and cold when I left, so I figured "problem solved")

So now my question is, if I go in and ask for the service records, and point out there is no mention of the AC , (which was the whole reason I took it in for service, washers were a secondary, minor item) AC in Florida was the obvious reason for being there, will there be a record in their system of the AC check and adding freon?

My wife is thinking we went to Dimmitt twice, so there may be a missing receipt.

I guess my best play is to call Dimmitt, and ask for all my service records?

GMC service guy told me that he called Dimmitt, and since there was no record of AC being worked on, I was SOL and I had to pay out-of-pocket.

But not sure how hard he tried, and there is a chance I went to Dimmitt twice, once for windshield washers and then back for AC and the windshield washers. .
(Service appointments are not exactly the kind of thing I memorize, but I do keep a file on ALL my vehicles, so a missing service ticket is odd but possible)

I'm going there tomorrow, so will post my results or lack of results.

BBB complaint is going to happen and sending emails to corporate will follow, I work on the computer 50% of my day, so no lack of time to create a little sh*tstorm for Dimmitt.

Avoid Dimmitt Automotive Group in Florida at all costs, or you will be typing forum posts at 7:10 pm on a Monday lol.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe FL...... The dealer may not have "record" of them putting in Freon, but if you have the "customer concern" sheet they give you when you leave the dealer leaving them the Tahoe, ..... If that shows your concern ( the date), and their sheet when they return the Hoe to you ( the date)...... If the Freon wasn't done, then it's their fault.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FOUND IT! So Dimmitt serviced it TWICE, before I went to GMC. Service ticket from 6/8/18 reads " UNABLE TO DETERMINE CAUSE OF LEAK AT THIS TIME, CK AC BLOWING WARMER THAN USUAL CK FREON LEVEL TO BE .5 KGS LOW PERFORM EVACAND CHARGE AND CK FOR LEAKOF 1234YF SYSTEM AND FINDINGS INCONCLUSIVE AT CHARGE AT THIS TIME UNABLE TO FIND LEAK CAUSE RECHARGE SYSTEM"

Then on 9/6/18, I went back to get washers fixed, still no parts, so I left and took it to GMC for washers. On 11/8/18, GMC fixed washers, AC was not noticeably warm, as Florida isn't that hot in November.

On 3/21/19, AC was warm so I took it to GMC dealer, who told me DIMMITT had "no record of servicing the AC". So either Dimmitt lied to GMC, or GMC never checked, anyway I look at it, someone is owing me my $1675.

Should I play nice with Dimmitt then crank it up a notch if needed? Or is GMC my first call, for failing to warranty Dimmitt's work?

GMC dealer seems to have their act together, so I'm thinking Dimmitt either lied or is just incompetant and didn't look into my service records when GMC dealer called them.

(sorry for the confusion on dates, at least now I have a clear picture of how it all went down)

Pic attached of Dimmitt AC service on 6/18/18DIMMITT AC SERVICE PIC.jpg

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know if you figure it out. I don't think there are 2 separate condensers but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

You are correct, it was rear evaporator, not condenser. I just found all my service records and updated on 4th page of this thread.

KatGV

Reaction score
FOUND IT! So Dimmitt serviced it TWICE, before I went to GMC. Service ticket from 6/8/18 reads " UNABLE TO DETERMINE CAUSE OF LEAK AT THIS TIME, CK AC BLOWING WARMER THAN USUAL CK FREON LEVEL TO BE .5 KGS LOW PERFORM EVACAND CHARGE AND CK FOR LEAKOF 1234YF SYSTEM AND FINDINGS INCONCLUSIVE AT CHARGE AT THIS TIME UNABLE TO FIND LEAK CAUSE RECHARGE SYSTEM"

Then on 9/6/18, I went back to get washers fixed, still no parts, so I left and took it to GMC for washers. On 11/8/18, GMC fixed washers, AC was not noticeably warm, as Florida isn't that hot in November.

On 3/21/19, AC was warm so I took it to GMC dealer, who told me DIMMITT had "no record of servicing the AC". So either Dimmitt lied to GMC, or GMC never checked, anyway I look at it, someone is owing me my $1675.

Should I play nice with Dimmitt then crank it up a notch if needed? Or is GMC my first call, for failing to warranty Dimmitt's work?

GMC dealer seems to have their act together, so I'm thinking Dimmitt either lied or is just incompetant and didn't look into my service records when GMC dealer called them.

(sorry for the confusion on dates, at least now I have a clear picture of how it all went down)

Pic attached of Dimmitt AC service on 6/18/18View attachment 223353
I would go straight to GM Customer Service / Corporate No middle man and get this thing fixed... Good Luck

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the GMC dealer is responsive, ..go to them. ANY GM dealer can cover warranty & correct past screw ups. They may even give you a contact at corporate.

Heck... warranty is fully paid by GM, if the dealer does the work.

You can also go to a certified mechanic if the closest dealer is unable to do the work correctly, & GM pays them! ( just ask around)

( You have Dimmwit by the balls.... They put in writing they filled Freon, knowing there was a leak)

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opened a case # with GM corporate right now, Dimmitt is denying any responsibility. Should I wait for the 2 business days for a senior advisor to call me back, or escalate from here non-stop?

Doe anyone suggest I wait/or not? Could call BBB and State of Florida AC licensing board, but wondering if anyone has had success when the corporate people call back.

(I just want my $$$ back, not looking to crush Dimmitt on social media, legally, etc. Have done it before when an unlicensed contractor screwed me, he narrowly missed doing time, State of Florida Attorney General doesn't play games down here. Not looking for a war, but its war they will get if this is not handled)

Any and all replies appreciated, I have never been through the process with a vehicle warranty , AC leak not fixed correctly under warranty.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say just deal with corporate, you have all of your documentation that you tried to get repaired prior to warranty expiring. og dealership gonna try and sweep it under the rug, offer you some discount service or $$ off accessories or some shit.
ac components arent exactly wear items should be fine 100k+ miles easily.
i've had good luck with bmw/mini corporate, i had replaced a thermostat ($350/$1000+ labor) which they eventually issued a recall for a year later i submitted my paper work and they cut me a check, same thing with high pressure fuel pump that was $1200 i bought from dealer but installed myself. also got a check cut from them.

dang74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TahoeFL2017... I suggest just keep going the route your on. Just as long as you get your money in return. No discount on services or accessories cause all they'll do is Jack up prices on services. I know that cause I lived that being a service advisor. If they dont want to give you the money in return, than hammer them anyway you can. The objective here is get your money in return. They dont care about customer service, all they want is to meet a monetorial objective at the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645