What year would you avoid in a Tahoe or Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
Thanks, I am up north. I do garage my vehicles and wash them regularly. I wish I could just keep what I have, but this electrical issue is out of hand. Nobody sells their vehicle because they love it. I guess I could always get an extended warranty.
It might be time to break out the expensive tools and start working through it. I'd loose my shirt if I gave up on my yukon, it's paid off as of last month. Haven't been able to drive it in a year.. I'm determined to have an error free truck at this point.

Here's my suggestion. Get an alldata.com subscription.. It's $20.. Below the 1st link is a link for the MDI2.. the original. You can go a bunch of different routes with this, such as the other bosch ADX tools or autel..

https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/diagnostic-systems

Once you get the GM MDI2 J2534 hardware.. you get a subscription.. https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions.. You want this subscription--> GM Light Duty Global Diagnostics 2-GDS 2.. You get three days.. If you combine that with an alldata subscription you have all the pieces of the puzzle.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely NOT a 2021-2023

Apparently they have special wiper blades that can ONLY be bought from dealer/OEM
It’s a top lock push design. Not your typical j-hook that everyone is familiar with, but nearly every aftermarket wiper blade includes the adapters to adapt to TLP. When you buy new wipers you get little pieces of plastic that you always throw in the garbage. One of those is the adapter you need.

Check RockAuto - there’s a ton of wiper blades that will fit the ‘21+ platform.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no choice but to trade my 16 Yukon in at this point. Between the no click no start, and the continuous electrical drain that we are unable to find. I cant keep paying this much for something that sometimes starts, especially with winter coming.
I thought this would be easy and I would buy a new Tahoe RST but Im not loving the lack of amenities in it. The dealer showed me a 19, but looks like they also have some serious electrical issues as well.

Does anyone have a year that they can recommend that seemed ok?

Thanks
I would just invest in new battery cables, starter cable, clean the grounds and add a couple extra of your own grounds in good spots.
$200 in parts and you should be ok, might be worth a try anyway, cheaper than another car payment.
electrical drain can be found you just have to follow the troubleshooting procedure properly, if you follow procedure and cannot find a drain then it doesn't exist.

Reaction score
It’s a top lock push design. Not your typical j-hook that everyone is familiar with, but nearly every aftermarket wiper blade includes the adapters to adapt to TLP. When you buy new wipers you get little pieces of plastic that you always throw in the garbage. One of those is the adapter you need.

Check RockAuto - there’s a ton of wiper blades that will fit the ‘21+ platform.
My post was sarcastically referencing a post by @Blueinterceptor in the UAW strike thread about certain models taking special wiper blades that will be hard to find

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought wrongfully that these (wiper blades) were unique to gm. I apologize for being wrong. But I’m glad I am wrong.
The point is that if you need a gm part you may be waiting some time if your dealer doesn’t have it.

StuckinMN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suggest taking to an independent shop and maybe have someone check all the grounds…GM notorious for bitching the ground system and it causes all sorts of bad and hard to diagnose stuff…
Check the grounds. Then check the grounds. And once done, check the grounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts