What would you do? Dealer negligent on warranty repair, now out of warranty and out $1675

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all Passing the Buck, but a small claims case will cost me $275, and one trick/hack is to subpoena BOTH service advisors, the General Manager, Sales Manager, and the owner of the Dealership. Once the Sheriff's walk in and the employee's get personally served, it will affect their credit reports, ability to obtain credit, ability of dealer to sign up with new financing sources, , it all snowballs . Until I get reimbursed, its ALL fair game. "No rules in love or war"

I actually hope they don't show up for a court hearing, so I get a default judgement and can attach their bank accounts or whatever assets. Lien would even affect their ability to floorplan, and their Dunn and Bradstreet rating. No mercy.
if they don't show up you more then likely win automatically

you can do a property seizure the dealership or "some" inventory as payment to salsify the debt

Seize your self a new Tahoe...

this actually happened to Bank of America the sheriffs did a property civil forfeiture..

they actually started emptying the bank registers and ATM machines.. etc.. and civil forfeiture of everything in the building

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/ban...closed-angry-homeowner-bofa/story?id=13775638

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If condenser warranty was upped to 5yr/60k that's helpful. There's only one condenser/heat dispersal in front of the radiator. It's the evaporator/heat collection that there's two of, if equip'd for rear a/c.

It doesn't mean it's not there, but I couldn't find a GM recall specifically for rear A/C condensers.

1-31-18 Class Action suit Approved on GM Recall 17336 Combi Cooler Air Conditioner Nov 2017 - GM will warranty ALL for the Escalade/Tahoe/Burb & Yukon goes from 2015-17. Interesting though it's the "thermal cycling on the combination transmission fluid/oil and AC condenser cooler creates a crack that may allow refrigerant to escape. The condition consequently may deactivate the AC system which may cause potential customer annoyance."

LOL, annoyance. Wonder what pissed off would look like?

https://gm.oemdtc.com/8154/special-...igerant-leak-2015-2017-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

4873594.jpg

Apparently the hard line that returns hot gas from the condenser, bolted to the a/c compressor itself is also flawed in design. The lines can move until they crack, lose the a/c charge and ultimately cause compressor failure. If the compressor fails catastrophically, it can allow debris or contaminated gas (acid) into the rest of the system (and cause further customer annoyance).

https://www.consumerclasslawyersblog.com/bunch-hot-air-ac-gmc-chevy-trucks-simply-not-work/

In the above link, GM completely removed TechLink related to this issue. It's the hyperlink in red lettered word "here".

truck-defect-300x225.jpg truck-repair-300x190.jpg

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it man the no holds barred approach could prove dangerous. Lets just hope that the dealership owner does not have a "Uncle Quido" lurking in the shadows..........................................
I think it might be the cowboy way of life catch phrase goes something like "Don't be surprised if you teach a critter or person a lesson in meanness and they learn that lesson"

My general state of mind is pretty laid back, but they f**ked me and I don't think inaction is the appropriate response. They will pay either in case or lost business.

Pretty much all my friends are either builders, roofers, construction, etc

So they will tell friends, who tell their friends, all of whom could have been referrals. Their loss will far exceed $1675

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a good picture of how Dimmitt Chevy treats it's customers, go to dealerrater.com and put in Dimmitt Chevy, the sheer amount of negative reviews is staggering. So good to know its not just me, if this ends up in court, I will be printing out the reviews to show the pattern of their behavior. Wish I had checked reviews before ever going to them for service!

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - Just cashed my check for FULL reimbursement, $1661, took a few online complaint forms but the dealership finally made things right.

BBB and local Consumer Protection from the county seemed to have the biggest impact, Yelp and Facebook, not so much.

I think the Service Manager was the real issue, as I was told that the "new" service manager was cutting my check ASAP.

$1661 wasn't the issue, getting bent over on a warranty repair was unacceptable.

Glad it's over and done.

IMG_20190916_170752.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
UPDATE - Just cashed my check for FULL reimbursement, $1661, took a few online complaint forms but the dealership finally made things right.

BBB and local Consumer Protection from the county seemed to have the biggest impact, Yelp and Facebook, not so much.

I think the Service Manager was the real issue, as I was told that the "new" service manager was cutting my check ASAP.

$1661 wasn't the issue, getting bent over on a warranty repair was unacceptable.

Glad it's over and done.

View attachment 230839
Hopefully that'll teach these dealerships an expensive lesson! Can't screw over customers without repercussions!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd