What would you do? Dealer negligent on warranty repair, now out of warranty and out $1675

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 'Dimmwit' uses Facebook or other social network, maybe find others that were poorly treated by them, to speak up.

Their Facebook page is FULL of complaints, no lack of problems with these idiots.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Union caused all this
Be prepared for the reality that many government agencies will " take note" of an issue, and then thank you for contacting them about your "issue".

Now, to get a government agency to act on a problem? Good luck finding one of them.

They get paid a salary. It doesn't matter if they accomplish anything during the week. They still get paid one way or another. They don't do more than what they have to do. They are a member of a union.

IMO
The Union caused all this??

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unions did not "cause it"...... But some unions protect poor performance employees, as per contract agreements. ( I used to live in California, and that place is a mess)

( Not ALL EMPLOYEES...... )..... But in the past I dealt with some gov, organizations that just didn't give a sh*t. It was frustrating, and we pay them !!

I am not against all unions...But, I was in a couple of Unions and I can't trust them in California.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Union didn't cause anything, I support the UAW, as a former resident of Detroit , 28 years+ in Michigan. I think the poster was referring to "union" government workers not going to care about this problem.

I have been dealing with Florida courts and Judicial system for 11 years, give or take, as broker for a lot of foreclosed properties, as part of my real estate business, most of the government workers in unions do a great job, but do clock out at 5pm. However, if you know what agency regulates a business, you can get results, provided you fill out the forms and follow procedure.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's the response from Dimmitt Chevrolet, dates are incorrect, I brought the truck back in March 2019, not May, so the freon band-aid lasted about 2.5 months of hot weather, then essentially I didn't notice anything wrong until March 2019, when Florida tends to get warm.

"Dimmitt Chevrolet Inc. Hello Rick, as a dealership that has been in business 95 years with an above average JD Powers & Associates customer satisfaction score, we take your comments very seriously. It is important, however, that all the facts be told. You brought your vehicle to our service department June 8, 2018 (almost one year ago) with 32,365 miles. The repair order states, " A/C is blowing warm, please advise." Our technician comments were, "UNABLE TO DETERMINE CAUSE OF LEAK AT THIS TIME CK AC BLOWING WARMER THAN USUAL. CK FREON LEVEL FOUND TO BE .5 KGS (note system holds .92kg) LOW PERFORM EVAC AND CHARGE AND CK FOR LEAK OF 1234YF SYSTEM AND FINDINGS INCONCLUSIVE AT THIS TIME UNABLE TO FIND LEAK OR DETERMINE CAUSE. RECHARGE SYSTEM” The vehicle returned to our store on September 6, 2018 with 34,422 miles for other non-A/C related concerns indicating the A/C was operating correctly at that time. In other words, the A/C operated properly through June, July, August and September in Florida all the way up to May of 2019(INCORRECT, MARCH 2019). The other GM dealer told you no GM record of A/C concerns addressed by us existed on the GM website. The record of what we did on June 8, 2018 does, in fact, exist (which your are welcome to view anytime). The other dealer also had the option to run a GM calculator for goodwill assistance at the time and did not do so. Assistance would almost certainly have been offered depending on accrued mileage. The other dealer offered no request for GM assistance, instead they charged you full retail for the repair. When you contacted us after the fact, you were referred to GM customer assistance since GM policy and procedure makes the other dealer responsible for this concern because they performed the work. We would certainly suggest you contact the other dealer as they could have offered you some help. So name calling and threats aside, we do appreciate your business and wish you well"

Next week should get interesting, stay tuned!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So here's the response from Dimmitt Chevrolet, dates are incorrect, I brought the truck back in March 2019, not May, so the freon band-aid lasted about 2.5 months of hot weather, then essentially I didn't notice anything wrong until March 2019, when Florida tends to get warm.

"Dimmitt Chevrolet Inc. Hello Rick, as a dealership that has been in business 95 years with an above average JD Powers & Associates customer satisfaction score, we take your comments very seriously. It is important, however, that all the facts be told. You brought your vehicle to our service department June 8, 2018 (almost one year ago) with 32,365 miles. The repair order states, " A/C is blowing warm, please advise." Our technician comments were, "UNABLE TO DETERMINE CAUSE OF LEAK AT THIS TIME CK AC BLOWING WARMER THAN USUAL. CK FREON LEVEL FOUND TO BE .5 KGS (note system holds .92kg) LOW PERFORM EVAC AND CHARGE AND CK FOR LEAK OF 1234YF SYSTEM AND FINDINGS INCONCLUSIVE AT THIS TIME UNABLE TO FIND LEAK OR DETERMINE CAUSE. RECHARGE SYSTEM” The vehicle returned to our store on September 6, 2018 with 34,422 miles for other non-A/C related concerns indicating the A/C was operating correctly at that time. In other words, the A/C operated properly through June, July, August and September in Florida all the way up to May of 2019(INCORRECT, MARCH 2019). The other GM dealer told you no GM record of A/C concerns addressed by us existed on the GM website. The record of what we did on June 8, 2018 does, in fact, exist (which your are welcome to view anytime). The other dealer also had the option to run a GM calculator for goodwill assistance at the time and did not do so. Assistance would almost certainly have been offered depending on accrued mileage. The other dealer offered no request for GM assistance, instead they charged you full retail for the repair. When you contacted us after the fact, you were referred to GM customer assistance since GM policy and procedure makes the other dealer responsible for this concern because they performed the work. We would certainly suggest you contact the other dealer as they could have offered you some help. So name calling and threats aside, we do appreciate your business and wish you well"

Next week should get interesting, stay tuned!
Passing the buck.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passing the buck.

They are all Passing the Buck, but a small claims case will cost me $275, and one trick/hack is to subpoena BOTH service advisors, the General Manager, Sales Manager, and the owner of the Dealership. Once the Sheriff's walk in and the employee's get personally served, it will affect their credit reports, ability to obtain credit, ability of dealer to sign up with new financing sources, , it all snowballs . Until I get reimbursed, its ALL fair game. "No rules in love or war"

I actually hope they don't show up for a court hearing, so I get a default judgement and can attach their bank accounts or whatever assets. Lien would even affect their ability to floorplan, and their Dunn and Bradstreet rating. No mercy.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it man the no holds barred approach could prove dangerous. Lets just hope that the dealership owner does not have a "Uncle Quido" lurking in the shadows..........................................
I think it might be the cowboy way of life catch phrase goes something like "Don't be surprised if you teach a critter or person a lesson in meanness and they learn that lesson"

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it man the no holds barred approach could prove dangerous. Lets just hope that the dealership owner does not have a "Uncle Quido" lurking in the shadows..........................................
I think it might be the cowboy way of life catch phrase goes something like "Don't be surprised if you teach a critter or person a lesson in meanness and they learn that lesson"

I hear ya, but I'm the one they need to worry about.

No pillow is softer than a clear conscience.

I got f**ked, looking for just my $1661.25, cost for being bent over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14