Weird smell when A/C is turned on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugrus

Reaction score
Afterblow has really a lot of presentation online and in GM service manuals. What I've found though that in my '14 Tahoe it doesn't perform as they say. It's a full blast more than 10 minutes after I shut the truck down. Than there's another jolt in about 10 minutes. And yet another one down the road, but I couldn't time that one...

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check afterblow option if it's enabled. This might not be an error after all.

It will not allow me to see if the option is enabled. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yugrus

Reaction score
It will not allow me to see if the option is enabled. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's weird. I'd think that Snap-On scanner would do a better job than my old (perhaps, Chinese) Maxidas that only goes to 2013...

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrongo bucko. Look at my signature and see my Tahoe info. It is a 2002 and mine has a cabin air filter from the factory. What is the next excuse or assumption you want to use?

Next time look before you leap.
That’s interesting. My 2005 Z71 Tahoe has every factory option yet it does not have a cabin air filter. I wish it did. I was unaware that I could add one myself.

Gravatar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know why but the older generation had it, the newer generation 2007-2014, even the Denali's didn't include it. Not sure if the latest generation brought it back, ridiculous for such nice high end vehicles not to include it. I cut the box (not hard it is outlined for it) and used a foaming AC cleaner. I used it a few times until crap quit coming out of the fins, then I installed the new cabin filter kit.

Reaction score
I've read that they did away with the cabin air filter because owners would neglect to change it and as it clogged up and reduced airflow it would cause other problems, like with the blower motor or evaporator freezing up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Makes sense that would be why they did away with it. Some people just don't care about things till they break. Maintenance? What the hell is that? DUH!

Maybe the cases are still outlined for them to be cut out and install a cabin air filter just so the true believers can add it on.

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search the older posts, from about a year or so ago, we had a discussion or two about cabin air filters. They had them up to and including 2002. The 2003 was the first year without, and I believe GM just thought they were no longer necessary. However, they did not change the configuration of the under dash covers and panels, and the outline is still there to cut out and install a filter. Perhaps in 2003 they were going to make it a dealer add? Whatever. You can get a filter kit from amazon, with the door and screw, so all you have to do is make the cut, clean everything out, spray whatever anti fungal, anti virus, antiseptic type spray, add the filter and close it tightly with your new door. Now you can change your filter anytime you want to. A highly recommended and worthwhile add, IMO.
I think I described the process in my older post. Use the search feature to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout