Weird smell when A/C is turned on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've seen someone post a pic on here in the past of a brass fitting screwed into the duct right near where the filter would go to hook up a can of cleaner and spray it in there while it's running.

You can also pull the 2 screws that hold the resistor pack in the duct to gain access to spray cleaner.

Someone with a Tech2 can enable the "afterblow" feature, which was made to help prevent mold/mildew growth. If the outside temp is above 70 and the AC ran during the last ignition cycle, the blower will turn on at 68% power for like 5mins, 30mins after the ignition has been turned off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen someone post a pic on here in the past of a brass fitting screwed into the duct right near where the filter would go to hook up a can of cleaner and spray it in there while it's running.

You can also pull the 2 screws that hold the resistor pack in the duct to gain access to spray cleaner.

Someone with a Tech2 can enable the "afterblow" feature, which was made to help prevent mold/mildew growth. If the outside temp is above 70 and the AC ran during the last ignition cycle, the blower will turn on at 68% power for like 5mins, 30mins after the ignition has been turned off.

Do you know if it has to be a gm tech2 or just any tech2 scanner should do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yugrus

Reaction score
My old Maxidas scanner can do it as well.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean like a Tech2 clone?

My Tech2 clone can do it

Yes, what brand is it and what should I look for if I decide to simply purchase one. I usually use a Bluetooth dongle that works with an app for code reading.

Reaction score
OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. When we tried to turn on the afterblow option we got an error. Anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

dc6983a9ce459052a4a0840eecc11aeb.jpg

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

First I've heard of this, makes sense though.
What years can you do this on?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yugrus

Reaction score
Check afterblow option if it's enabled. This might not be an error after all.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh