Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who said it was in the garage? Maybe, just maybe, try to comprehend what you are reading before ‘trying’ to be a ‘funny wiseass’ :shrug:

Hey man - I work overnight and read the forums to pass the time. He says in his post his wife went into the garage and then he went into his garage. I guess perhaps I skimmed the post and thought the truck was in his garage.

Maybe I’m taking the bait here and responding but I meant no wise-assery here and my real question to you is are you doing okay? You seem pretty riled up and upset sometimes when you respond. I hope all is okay.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man - I work overnight and read the forums to pass the time. He says in his post his wife went into the garage and then he went into his garage. I guess perhaps I skimmed the post and thought the truck was in his garage.

Maybe I’m taking the bait here and responding but I meant no wise-assery here and my real question to you is are you doing okay? You seem pretty riled up and upset sometimes when you respond. I hope all is okay.
:happy175: Gotcha

Edit

I’m probably one of the biggest wiseassesesese on here

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some time now the steering wheel has been on the list of things to swap out. Previous owner had acidic hands and wore away the finish a the top of the wheel and I wore down the finish on the left trim piece and it was looking disgusting. Missed out on the last run of new wheels but had a little extra jingle in my pocket and kept searching ebay every few days and lo and behold LKQ listed a used one from a 2012 Suburban that looked near new. For $80 it was mine. Also bought a new GMC logo for the airbag but when I went to install it, the tab at the ten o'clock position was in the wrong place. Those are easy enough to replace so the old one went back on and I sent an email to the seller. In fairness to him, he did not list the Yukon as being compatible, just thought my deductive reasoning skills figured it was and figured wrong! Anyhow, yanking on the wheel to break it loose only served to hurt my back so one of the kids went to O'Reilly's and picked up their Performance Tool W80651. The two "bolts" with the hook for grabbing the wheel from behind were poorly cast so we fired up the belt sander to clean them up real quick and they fit right in the slots afterwards just fine. I wrenched on the nut with a 3/8" ratchet and a 16mm socket, stopped to take a break for a second and POP! the wheel popped off the shaft. It's taken longer to write this than swap out the wheel and airbag. Easy peasy fellas.

Battery was disconnected overnight, DIC settings stayed, like trip and engine hours, XM stations were still set at the bottom but with the XM number, not the name until you pressed the button 'til it beeped. The AC actuators were all messed up, plus my daughter started the car immediately after inserting the key, we usually remote start or let the lights go out so the computers have time to boot up and synch. Anyway, took out the Tech-2 to recalibrate the actuators, recycled the ignition and all seems well. Will take her out later when it cools off to refuel and maybe for a drive with my bride.

Another word about the new wheel. It arrived better than described, the few blemishes in the photos were gone by the time it arrived. It looks brand new. Thank you Lord!

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some time now the steering wheel has been on the list of things to swap out. Previous owner had acidic hands and wore away the finish a the top of the wheel and I wore down the finish on the left trim piece and it was looking disgusting. Missed out on the last run of new wheels but had a little extra jingle in my pocket and kept searching ebay every few days and lo and behold LKQ listed a used one from a 2012 Suburban that looked near new. For $80 it was mine. Also bought a new GMC logo for the airbag but when I went to install it, the tab at the ten o'clock position was in the wrong place. Those are easy enough to replace so the old one went back on and I sent an email to the seller. In fairness to him, he did not list the Yukon as being compatible, just thought my deductive reasoning skills figured it was and figured wrong! Anyhow, yanking on the wheel to break it loose only served to hurt my back so one of the kids went to O'Reilly's and picked up their Performance Tool W80651. The two "bolts" with the hook for grabbing the wheel from behind were poorly cast so we fired up the belt sander to clean them up real quick and they fit right in the slots afterwards just fine. I wrenched on the nut with a 3/8" ratchet and a 16mm socket, stopped to take a break for a second and POP! the wheel popped off the shaft. It's taken longer to write this than swap out the wheel and airbag. Easy peasy fellas.

Battery was disconnected overnight, DIC settings stayed, like trip and engine hours, XM stations were still set at the bottom but with the XM number, not the name until you pressed the button 'til it beeped. The AC actuators were all messed up, plus my daughter started the car immediately after inserting the key, we usually remote start or let the lights go out so the computers have time to boot up and synch. Anyway, took out the Tech-2 to recalibrate the actuators, recycled the ignition and all seems well. Will take her out later when it cools off to refuel and maybe for a drive with my bride.

Another word about the new wheel. It arrived better than described, the few blemishes in the photos were gone by the time it arrived. It looks brand new. Thank you Lord!
Pics...!? No pics..? Didn’t happen!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo