Black bear tune anyone increase MPG???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my Tahoe was brand new I couldn't break 20mpg on flat highway at 55mph...seriously, it would toggle between 19.9 and 19.8. But at that time I got 16mpg around town in the summer and 14.5mpg in the winter. That slowly eroded to 15mpg summer, 13.5mpg winter over the years. Then I put big tires and a lift on and it dropped to 13.5mpg summer 12.5mpg winter. This summer I completely overhauled the truck, a process which included a tuneup and a Blackwing intake. Now i'm back up to 14.7mpg (summer only, haven't had the new stuff for a winter yet). I'm on the cusp of ordering an "MPG" tune and if I could get 1mpg out of it i'd be frikin ecstatic. My biggest interest though is the AFM delete. Performance and driveability are a distant third.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shannon,

I have a 2014 GMC Yukon xl Denali that I would like to learn what tuning options there are.
I live in Kalamazoo, MI and don't believe you do tuning in my area.
The truck is in great shape with ~ 95,000 miles on it.
Hey Chris, we would be happy to help with tuning, we would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal. The AutoCal allows us to see your vehicle data, and provide the custom tune files via email. I can PM you some more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts