Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cleaners in gas or detergents is a scam "ethanol is a scam to sell corn at higher prices "

have you ever seen the inside of an engine that used CNG or LNG or propane?? no "so called" ethanol or detergents" is required.....
Legit 10,000 or 15,000 miles oil changes.. yeah it's still clean after 10,000 -15,000 miles but it's still wise to change it.. some people might whine about extra wear and tear from using CNG, but based on how badly these rigs consume oil it's negotiable lol

Brent, is this a quote from somewhere or is that your own statement?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been purchasing E85 for the last 5 tankfuls of fuel. Alcohol content went up and then down! That didn't seem right, so was the station not dispensing the right fuel or did the truck's computer not making calculations correctly? To find out we needed an independent way of measuring the alcohol content of the fuel on board the truck.

So from Amazon I purchased a Dynapex 2-piece brass fuel rail fitting with a barbed end for 5/16 hose, 7B-0124. Then from Ebay, I bought a ethanol fuel tester with laser etched lettering, no stickers, with a large cap from fuel-it. Finally, picked up some 3/16 ID clear vinyl pvc tubing from Home Depot. After driving the truck, popped the engine cover off, screwed down the adapter with the hose already attached and let most of the hose fill up with fuel. There was enough fuel under pressure from the truck being recently driven (about an hour earlier) that we took on the whole sample without starting the engine. Pinched the line and then unscrewed the fitting and put the engine cover back on. Meanwhile, the little beaker was filled to the line with water, my daughter held the beaker while I blew into one end of the hose and controlled the amount of fuel going in until the fill line, we actually had more fuel than needed in the clear line.

Then capped it, gave it a good shake and set it down on the kitchen table while we ate lunch. After a spell the alcohol content read 75%. Took the Tech-2 out to the truck and the computer has it calculated at 60%. I think both happened, the station is not dispensing full E85 (71%+) and the computer's calculations are off for some reason. Must be my wife!

Had planned to run this earlier but was forced to refuel when my wife's car didn't take kindly to the tropical weather so we took the truck to pick up our youngest from volleyball practice and had to refuel before running the test on Sunoco's fuel, went across the street to Racetrac. So the test was done with Racetrac fuel, might do a partial refuel to get it to calculate again or just wait until next time. I've got some wood working planned and don't want to be messing with the truck right now. Did I just write that??? LOL

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is a legend in his own mind.

CNG does burn really clean but 15,000 mile oil changes? Oil gets thinner after being run in the engine as it acts as a buffer to float the bearings. It breaks down....
CNG does not leave carbon deposits.. mobil1 EP is rated to 15,000 miles OCI

and annual protection is rated at 20,000 miles highway

This is not dinosaur oil...

on a oil burner you all ready replaced all the oil, by the time you get to the OCI ;)

I had an oil leak on my old car yeah I never change the oil on it why bother when it always had fresh oil anyways I was at about 30,000 miles since I had replaced the filter .. all i had to do is put a QT every couple of weeks and it was good to go.. yeah I bought the cheapest shit i could find

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e85 has never been consistent % at the pumps.
thus why all the ricers & racers will have multiple gas cans & tester kits.
they go station to station & get what they want & then mix it between cans to get what they need to race that night

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e85 has never been consistent % at the pumps.
thus why all the ricers & racers will have multiple gas cans & tester kits.
they go station to station & get what they want & then mix it between cans to get what they need to race that night

I'm not that dedicated, I'll enjoy using it while the price is right or until I need the range for a trip. My experience has been that the number doesn't settle to something consistent from the same pumps around here until the 5th or 6th tank of fuel. On the other hand, it's been over a year since I've experienced that, working on it now but changed stations so there's that.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i talked w/ one guy... who had talked to the tanker truck & got the layout of pumps to buried tanks.
so he would go to 2 or 3 pumps at one station, fill up cans, test them. then go to another station repeat.
then he'd take it home to mix it all up into a bigger container at his house. so he would have consistent fuel for however long he needed it. def. requires dedication hehe

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 90 minutes ago my wife was switching the laundry and noticed that the outside lights were still off so she flipped the switch as she went inside the house from the garage. Well, almost instantly the alarm on the truck went off, full lights and horn blasting away. I slowly got up from my desk, grabbed the mag-lite and lead poisoning device and keys and disarmed the alarm as I went into the garage and opened the garage door. Truck is pretty dirty from all the off-roading and trips to the beach but right there on the front of the hood, in the evening dew, was a palm print about as big as mine.

After making sure the other vehicles were secure and nobody was lurking in and around the yard, I pulled the Tech-2 out of the truck, turned on the dash cam, folded in the mirrors and called our local police. They sent a cruiser, then two, then three and they figured it was kids running through the neighborhood but said they'd keep the event in mind as they patrolled the area which was my intent for calling.

Went back outside a few minutes after with the Tech-2, checked the Theft Data and the CTD Trigger History 1 listed Inclination and CTD Trigger History 2 listed Tamper and there was nothing for 3. So which is the latest? A couple of weeks ago my youngest (who turned 16 the other day!) set it off when the volley ball hit the truck hard and bounced against the bottom of the running boards.

You know, three weeks ago I noticed that the rear window switch had fallen apart. A few days prior I had popped the window open and it was fine, then nothing. Could it have been the bad guy? Did the porch light coming on suddenly ***** the bad guy and he banged into the truck?

The TC is now in neutral and the wheels are chocked. If the alarm goes off again, that'll slow 'em down long enough for me to arrive.

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 90 minutes ago my wife was switching the laundry and noticed that the outside lights were still off so she flipped the switch as she went inside the house from the garage. Well, almost instantly the alarm on the truck went off, full lights and horn blasting away. I slowly got up from my desk, grabbed the mag-lite and lead poisoning device and keys and disarmed the alarm as I went into the garage and opened the garage door. Truck is pretty dirty from all the off-roading and trips to the beach but right there on the front of the hood, in the evening dew, was a palm print about as big as mine.

After making sure the other vehicles were secure and nobody was lurking in and around the yard, I pulled the Tech-2 out of the truck, turned on the dash cam, folded in the mirrors and called our local police. They sent a cruiser, then two, then three and they figured it was kids running through the neighborhood but said they'd keep the event in mind as they patrolled the area which was my intent for calling.

Went back outside a few minutes after with the Tech-2, checked the Theft Data and the CTD Trigger History 1 listed Inclination and CTD Trigger History 2 listed Tamper and there was nothing for 3. So which is the latest? A couple of weeks ago my youngest (who turned 16 the other day!) set it off when the volley ball hit the truck hard and bounced against the bottom of the running boards.

You know, three weeks ago I noticed that the rear window switch had fallen apart. A few days prior I had popped the window open and it was fine, then nothing. Could it have been the bad guy? Did the porch light coming on suddenly ***** the bad guy and he banged into the truck?

The TC is now in neutral and the wheels are chocked. If the alarm goes off again, that'll slow 'em down long enough for me to arrive.

And this is a car parked in your garage? damn. Good job on being alert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN