Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I borrowed a different scanner and it was the knock codes again. I found out from my step son that when he installed the knock sensors and wiring for the knock sensors that the check engine light went off automatically so he didn't clear the code. I cleared it with this advanced reader. So maybe it'll stay off this time. I'm hoping it does anyway!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I borrowed a different scanner and it was the knock codes again. I found out from my step son that when he installed the knock sensors and wiring for the knock sensors that the check engine light went off automatically so he didn't clear the code. I cleared it with this advanced reader. So maybe it'll stay off this time. I'm hoping it does anyway!
Did he do the rtv dam around the knock sensors?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not good. Are you sure it’s not just the gauge?

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's full of oil but for some damn reason the engine is knocking. My step son said he thinks it's about to throw a rod so I got it parked for now until I decide what I want to do with it. I'd like to put a crate motor in it but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Last edited: