Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm giving an update. This morning my step son who is a mechanic drove my tahoe to the shop where he works. He will be replacing the knock sensors, the connector, the valley pan gasket, the grommets under the knock sensors and is going to change the valve cover gaskets. I'll post more updates once these repairs are completed.
Following. I think the front bumper trim would look good in matching Raptor liner.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for my step son to get his 2500hd front and rear axles so I can get the 373 rear and 373 front diff from him.

He's going to drop the yukon denali 6.0 in it once he does the 8 lug conversion. He will have the only or 1 of the only suburban with 8 lug conversion with a 6.0 in it in this area.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for my step son to get his 2500hd front and rear axles so I can get the 373 rear and 373 front diff from him.

He's going to drop the yukon denali 6.0 in it once he does the 8 lug conversion. He will have the only or 1 of the only suburban with 8 lug conversion with a 6.0 in it in this area.
Very cool

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following. I think the front bumper trim would look good in matching Raptor liner.
Actually I am going to get a grill from lmc truck that is black in the center and gray on the metal outer portion. Then I am going to have the front and rear bumper powder coated black and a gray z71 valance with round fogs to finish off the front.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my step son just got home from work. He said he replaced the knock sensors, harness, the o rings underneath the knock sensors the valley cover gasket and the intake gasket. He reset the code and it has no check engine light after driving 30 miles so we will see what happens.

He said he did not change the valve cover gaskets as they did not appear to be leaking. He thinks the oil consumption was from the valley cover leaking.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my step son just got home from work. He said he replaced the knock sensors, harness, the o rings underneath the knock sensors the valley cover gasket and the intake gasket. He reset the code and it has no check engine light after driving 30 miles so we will see what happens.

He said he did not change the valve cover gaskets as they did not appear to be leaking. He thinks the oil consumption was from the valley cover leaking.
What say yall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts