Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to get this motor for it.

the other option would be wait until spring and save up some money and when my stepson puts the 6.0 motor out of the yukon in his we can rebuild the 5.3 that's in his suburban and I can order performance parts at that point to put on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This also may be the transmission I get to go with the new motor.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down but not out. Interior wise and body wise I wouldn't be able to find a decent one here for under 8k.
That's the spirit. If everything else is fine, get it fixed and enjoy many more years of service. While that 5.3 is out, I'd go ahead do an oil pump and timing set. The o-rings fail between the pump and pick up tube.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's the spirit. If everything else is fine, get it fixed and enjoy many more years of service. While that 5.3 is out, I'd go ahead do an oil pump and timing set. The o-rings fail between the pump and pick up tube.
Uh oh--this is where it all begins lol! While it's out........might as well do a cam, headers. barbell, trunion upgrade........You know, while it's out.....

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh--this is where it all begins lol! While it's out........might as well do a cam, headers. barbell, trunion upgrade........You know, while it's out.....
I mean, why not. That's what I did, those upgrades and then some. Then may as well do the trans. I mean, while it's out. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy