Engine Swap to stroked 6.0 (408) and general vehicle refurbishment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I am need of some opinions...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought just one rear axle bearing and seal by mistake a few days ago, and immediately went and ordered a second one from Summit when I noticed my mistake. Today the second one arrived and it came in completely different packaging, but with the same sticker and part number.
IMG_4266.jpgIMG_4267.jpg

Upon closer inspection, the two bearings are nearly identical with the same brand name, part number, and markings, except that one of them is marked "XWWWWW" along the bottom of the rim with the markings, and the other is marked "WX" in the same location. Are these thigs the same? And will I be OK running them in the same car? Since they are pretty much independent of each other I feel as though it ought to be OK, but maybe there is something I'm not thinking of?
IMG_4263.jpgIMG_4265.jpg

Opinions?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought just one rear axle bearing and seal by mistake a few days ago, and immediately went and ordered a second one from Summit when I noticed my mistake. Today the second one arrived and it came in completely different packaging, but with the same sticker and part number.
View attachment 357558View attachment 357559

Upon closer inspection, the two bearings are nearly identical with the same brand name, part number, and markings, except that one of them is marked "XWWWWW" along the bottom of the rim with the markings, and the other is marked "WX" in the same location. Are these thigs the same? And will I be OK running them in the same car? Since they are pretty much independent of each other I feel as though it ought to be OK, but maybe there is something I'm not thinking of?
View attachment 357560View attachment 357561

Opinions?
Ought to be fine, probably just a different run, manufacture date, from another time.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 357558View attachment 357559

View attachment 357560View attachment 357561

Opinions?

You sure those are "W"s and not "M"s?

If they're Roman numerals, the one in the left pic would be 5,010 and the other would be 990. I would agree with James and assume it's some kind of batch number. But, if they're "W"s, then they for sure wouldn't be Roman numerals and I'd still just assume it's some sort of a batch number. Why are you even wasting time reading these ramblings when you could add those bearings to your parts pile and continue on with life, ordering more parts? :p

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
All of that gives me some food for thought...

This is pretty much the same one i have.
(JEGS 80532)

I recommend it, it's quick and easy way to check what the filter is catching.

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new throttle body and just got it delivered in the mail today. The part number is 217-3153. I have two questions about this part that hopefully some of you guys can answer...

1. It appears that all of the mounting holes and connectors are the same. Is there any reason why I can't just plug the harness connector into this throttle body when the time comes, and proceed? There was talk earlier in this thread of needing an X-Link to go between the harness and throttle body, but I'm thinking that I'm good without it?
2. This is advertised as a 90mm throttle body. Putting a caliper on the bore (in the back) it measured 89 and change, so close enough to 90mm. But, the front appears to be the same size on both. The outer diameter where the intake tube from the filter goes is the same if I hold them up to each other. The intake side of the throttle body is milled (on both of them) in an offset manner, so i wouldn't know where to measure it. I just want to confirm that these things are measured on the back side bore, and that I do indeed have a higher flowing throttle body here than the stock one for my 5.3?
IMG_4287.jpgIMG_4288.jpgIMG_4289.jpgIMG_4290.jpg

Joe

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new differential cover, with the little support bolts for the carrier bearing caps. Now if only that danged LSD would show up, I'd start working on this project!
View attachment 358359
Post up details on the gear change. Thats something Ive wanted to do, but never had the confidence to do it (and it be quiet and perfect).

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up details on the gear change. Thats something Ive wanted to do, but never had the confidence to do it (and it be quiet and perfect).
I definately will. Right now I think I have everything to do it, including a whole bunch of new tools, bearings, seals, gaskets, gears, covers, Royal Purple, etc, etc. But what I don't have is the new TrueTrack LSD. Something about supply chain issues.....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep