Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it for a grocery run today and both rear window switches at the driver door have become hard to get to work. I had to push super hard to get the window to move. I had replaced that switch right after buying the truck last summer with an aftermarket brand and within a month the rear passenger wouldn't go up very good so I took it apart and shimmed the switch. This time I said F it and ordered an AC Delco one. I should have known that's not something to try and save money on; instead it just ended up costing me more.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
intro called today to let me know the wheels are shipping tomorrow hopefully, Monday at the latest. They also wanted to be sure they could charge my card the remainder which ended up being more than I thought but shipping was over $400 freight and UPS was only about $30 cheaper. She said they recommend freight, they can crate them on a pallet and they never get damaged that way. I can’t wait, these should de badass wheels.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good folks at intro said 6-12 weeks for delivery. A guy on FB just got his in a little over 6 weeks.

Nice should be a good Thanksgiving gift to yourself haha

How true that is, tracking says they will be here the day before Thanksgiving- next Wednesday!
Edit: also, I added up the original quote from intro, did some math, and something didn't seem right- even with the high cost of shipping, the total seemed about $300 off. Last night, as I was going to sleep, I realized I had been quoted $75 per wheel extra for brushed hoops which I decided not to do, I want 'em polished and brushed centers only. I was thinking $75 x 4= $300...damn I was hoping they didn't mess the wheels up so I asked them to look into things. They got back to me today. Hoops are polished. She added up my bill wrong- to the tune of a $320 overcharge. She credited me back. Damn glad I caught that.

Last edited:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How true that is, tracking says they will be here the day before Thanksgiving- next Wednesday!
Edit: also, I added up the original quote from intro, did some math, and something didn't seem right- even with the high cost of shipping, the total seemed about $300 off. Last night, as I was going to sleep, I realized I had been quoted $75 per wheel extra for brushed hoops which I decided not to do, I want 'em polished and brushed centers only. I was thinking $75 x 4= $300...damn I was hoping they didn't mess the wheels up so I asked them to look into things. They got back to me today. Hoops are polished. She added up my bill wrong- to the tune of a $320 overcharge. She credited me back. Damn glad I caught that.

Nice catch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14