Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nah. I want to be able to see it, so no cocoon that looks ugly. I just want to keep the majority of shit off it. I hate the look of those things with the sides, plus it’s impossible to open the doors so there’s no climbing in and driving away easily. Keep in mind I don’t live in the East where the winters are harsh.
Gotcha.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Gonna do anything about the exposed sides?

Nah. I want to be able to see it, so no cocoon that looks ugly. I just want to keep the majority of shit off it. I hate the look of those things with the sides, plus it’s impossible to open the doors so there’s no climbing in and driving away easily. Keep in mind I don’t live in the East where the winters are harsh.

I was thinking the same thing. What about some screen of some kind. That would keep the bees away for sure. Also, you're aware that your house has a GARAGE, right?!

J/k, I have 2.5 car garage and the tahoe doesn't get in it somehow... Lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. What about some screen of some kind. That would keep the bees away for sure. Also, you're aware that your house has a GARAGE, right?!

J/k, I have 2.5 car garage and the tahoe doesn't get in it somehow... Lol
My “garage” was built for Model A’s I think. 1950’s era anyhow. It’s more like a 0.5 car garage lol. I’m thinking the bees won’t see it from above at least I hope they don’t. But they should be gone until spring anyway, now it’s the rain that flushes the pollution out and leaves water spots, and the leaves all over. I’m trying to still be able to see it otherwise Id get a cover for it too but then it just turns into another pickup with a cover on it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My “garage” was built for Model A’s I think. 1950’s era anyhow. It’s more like a 0.5 car garage lol. I’m thinking the bees won’t see it from above at least I hope they don’t. But they should be gone until spring anyway, now it’s the rain that flushes the pollution out and leaves water spots, and the leaves all over. I’m trying to still be able to see it otherwise Id get a cover for it too but then it just turns into another pickup with a cover on it.

Ok, fine. Colormatch the canopy.

:p

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the legs secured in place? Before my house, I parked my S10 that I drove maybe 3 times a month outside and kept the cab under a 10x10 pop-up canopy. I never thought to really secure the legs with more than the ground pins that came with it. Had some wind one night that pulled up the canopy and one of the legs dragged up the side of the truck. The canopy height was adjustable with holes in the legs so I drilled some more holes way low so that I could set it with the roof a few inches from the cab, like the truck was wearing a square pointy beanie. This gave much less area underneath the canopy for the wind to catch and it completely shaded the windshield and windows, which was my main reason for the canopy. I also got four of those corkscrew dog tie-outs to hold the legs in place. It was a little inconvenient having to raise each corner up to be able to open the door and drive out. But I only had to do it a few times a month.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the legs secured in place? Before my house, I parked my S10 that I drove maybe 3 times a month outside and kept the cab under a 10x10 pop-up canopy. I never thought to really secure the legs with more than the ground pins that came with it. Had some wind one night that pulled up the canopy and one of the legs dragged up the side of the truck. The canopy height was adjustable with holes in the legs so I drilled some more holes way low so that I could set it with the roof a few inches from the cab, like the truck was wearing a square pointy beanie. This gave much less area underneath the canopy for the wind to catch and it completely shaded the windshield and windows, which was my main reason for the canopy. I also got four of those corkscrew dog tie-outs to hold the legs in place. It was a little inconvenient having to raise each corner up to be able to open the door and drive out. But I only had to do it a few times a month.
It came with 3/8” concrete anchors and bolts so I used those on the east side which is where my winter winds come from. The west side is up against my fence and not on concrete so I drilled through the tubes and used 3” stainless #10 screws into the 2x4’s. I’m pretty damn sure it will hold but Ill still watch it when we get some east winds. There’s a couple tie-downs at the top of the legs that I could use if needed. One of the reasons I bought this one was I saw one of the reviewers said his stood up to 50 mph winds.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After about 8 months, I finally got a build sheet back from GM Customer Service off my VIN. Funny thing is, a lot of this has been removed from the truck when All Star did their build. There's a few things still original though. Kinda neat looking through it and checking out what it used to be.

Vehicle Build
Model: CC10543-2008 SILVERADO 1500 2WD CREW CAB Order Number: MHDMJR
Gross Vehicle Weight: 3,087 Build Date: 10/11/2007
Build Plant: G

Option Codes
*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

16U - GRAYSTONE METALLIC 19D - EBONY
19I - EBONY 1LT - SILVERADO LT1 EQUIPMENT GROUP: * POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS * ISRV MIRROR W/AUTO DIMMING, COMPASS, TEMPERATURE * DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS * CHROME SURROUND GRILLE * BODYSIDE MOLDINGS * LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL * REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY * ILLUMINATED VANITY MIRRORS
1SZ - OPTION PKG DISCOUNT 6HH - FRONT SPRING
7HH - FRONT SPRING A31 - POWER WINDOWS
A68 - SEAT, 60/40 REAR FOLDING BENCH AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT FRT PASS AM1 - MANUAL LUMBAR, DRIVER
AP3 - REMOTE VEHICLE START AT8 - RESTRAINT CHILD PROVISIONS
AU3 - POWER DOOR LOCKS WITH REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY AZ3 - 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEAT
B30 - CARPETING, COLOR-KEYED B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS
B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS B85 - BODY SIDE MOLDING
C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER C5U - GVW RATING - 6,800 LBS
CJ2 - DUAL-ZONE AUTO AIR CONDITIONING DF5 - ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS & TEMP
DH6 - LIGHTED VISOR/VANITY MIRRORS DK8 - DELUXE OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DL8 - DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS E63 - FLEETSIDE BODY
GU5 - REAR AXLE 3.23 RATIO JF3 - 17" BRAKES, DISC/DRUM
JL4 - STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL W/ TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
K47 - HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER KG3 - 145 AMP ALTERNATOR
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYSTEM LY2 - VORTEC 4.8L V8 SFI ENGINE
M30 - 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MSL - SILAO, MEXICO PLANT
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NU5 - EMISSION CALIFORNIA BIN 4
NZ4 - FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL P03 - CHROME WHEEL CENTER CAPS
PDD - LT1 CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: * AUTOMATIC DUAL ZONE HVAC CONTROLS * REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM * STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS * FOG LAMPS PY9 - CHROME WHEEL
QPR - P245/70R17 BW ALS TIRES R6K - PROCESSING CODE
R7B - GEOGRAPHIC TRACKING CODE R9N - PROCESSING CODE
R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE ROO - BARS VOMS BAILMENT
SAF - SPARE TIRE LOCK SLM - STOCK ORDERS
SSB - PROCESSING OPTION T74 - HEADLAMPS
T96 - FOG LAMPS U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
UE1 - 1YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND(ASK DLR ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAV UPGRADE) UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS UQ3 - ENHANCED AUDIO SPEAKERS
US8 - AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3 V22 - CHROME GRILLE
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA V76 - RECOVERY HOOKS
VB3 - CHROME REAR BUMPER VG3 - FRONT BUMPER
VH9 - ENVELOPE OWNER INFO MANUAL VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION
YD3 - BASE AXLE YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING
YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING YE9 - SILVERADO
YF5 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS Z82 - HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
Z85 - HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION ZPR - SPARE, P245/70R17 BW
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT ~CD -

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
After about 8 months, I finally got a build sheet back from GM Customer Service off my VIN. Funny thing is, a lot of this has been removed from the truck when All Star did their build. There's a few things still original though. Kinda neat looking through it and checking out what it used to be.

Vehicle Build
Model: CC10543-2008 SILVERADO 1500 2WD CREW CAB Order Number: MHDMJR
Gross Vehicle Weight: 3,087 Build Date: 10/11/2007
Build Plant: G

Option Codes
*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

16U - GRAYSTONE METALLIC 19D - EBONY
19I - EBONY 1LT - SILVERADO LT1 EQUIPMENT GROUP: * POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS * ISRV MIRROR W/AUTO DIMMING, COMPASS, TEMPERATURE * DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS * CHROME SURROUND GRILLE * BODYSIDE MOLDINGS * LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL * REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY * ILLUMINATED VANITY MIRRORS
1SZ - OPTION PKG DISCOUNT 6HH - FRONT SPRING
7HH - FRONT SPRING A31 - POWER WINDOWS
A68 - SEAT, 60/40 REAR FOLDING BENCH AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT FRT PASS AM1 - MANUAL LUMBAR, DRIVER
AP3 - REMOTE VEHICLE START AT8 - RESTRAINT CHILD PROVISIONS
AU3 - POWER DOOR LOCKS WITH REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY AZ3 - 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEAT
B30 - CARPETING, COLOR-KEYED B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS
B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS B85 - BODY SIDE MOLDING
C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER C5U - GVW RATING - 6,800 LBS
CJ2 - DUAL-ZONE AUTO AIR CONDITIONING DF5 - ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS & TEMP
DH6 - LIGHTED VISOR/VANITY MIRRORS DK8 - DELUXE OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DL8 - DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS E63 - FLEETSIDE BODY
GU5 - REAR AXLE 3.23 RATIO JF3 - 17" BRAKES, DISC/DRUM
JL4 - STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL W/ TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
K47 - HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER KG3 - 145 AMP ALTERNATOR
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYSTEM LY2 - VORTEC 4.8L V8 SFI ENGINE
M30 - 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MSL - SILAO, MEXICO PLANT
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NU5 - EMISSION CALIFORNIA BIN 4
NZ4 - FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL P03 - CHROME WHEEL CENTER CAPS
PDD - LT1 CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: * AUTOMATIC DUAL ZONE HVAC CONTROLS * REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM * STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS * FOG LAMPS PY9 - CHROME WHEEL
QPR - P245/70R17 BW ALS TIRES R6K - PROCESSING CODE
R7B - GEOGRAPHIC TRACKING CODE R9N - PROCESSING CODE
R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE ROO - BARS VOMS BAILMENT
SAF - SPARE TIRE LOCK SLM - STOCK ORDERS
SSB - PROCESSING OPTION T74 - HEADLAMPS
T96 - FOG LAMPS U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
UE1 - 1YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND(ASK DLR ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAV UPGRADE) UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS UQ3 - ENHANCED AUDIO SPEAKERS
US8 - AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3 V22 - CHROME GRILLE
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA V76 - RECOVERY HOOKS
VB3 - CHROME REAR BUMPER VG3 - FRONT BUMPER
VH9 - ENVELOPE OWNER INFO MANUAL VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION
YD3 - BASE AXLE YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING
YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING YE9 - SILVERADO
YF5 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS Z82 - HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
Z85 - HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION ZPR - SPARE, P245/70R17 BW
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT ~CD -