Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
And Tse Roo. I'm also glad it came with a full-size spare tire with chrome center cap. But for some reason I can't find it, seems to be a fuel cell there for cryin' out loud.

Hmmm. Weird. At least you still have the front license plate mount. You do have the front license plate mount, right?!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the battery on this is kinda hard to get to and it will be sitting for extended periods this winter, I decided the last thing I want to happen is for it to be sitting aired out and have it not start. As we all know, just starting up the engine and letting it idle for awhile doesn’t really charge the battery very good. I bought an Optimate 6 battery maintainer for it, which is the same brand that I’ve been using for my Harley’s for years. I’ve never had a dead or bad battery and Optimate is rated highly. This one has all kinds of modes it selects automatically from testing to saving to maintaining to charging etc. It will be nice to know the battery is being maintained and ready to go. D8FE44F8-6650-4617-8D6F-408F2D65261E.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since the battery on this is kinda hard to get to and it will be sitting for extended periods this winter, I decided the last thing I want to happen is for it to be sitting aired out and have it not start. As we all know, just starting up the engine and letting it idle for awhile doesn’t really charge the battery very good. I bought an Optimate 6 battery maintainer for it, which is the same brand that I’ve been using for my Harley’s for years. I’ve never had a dead or bad battery and Optimate is rated highly. This one has all kinds of modes it selects automatically from testing to saving to maintaining to charging etc. It will be nice to know the battery is being maintained and ready to go. View attachment 210373
Question: Does leaving it aired out/down hurt the air bags? Causing dry rot or cracks in the bags? Just curious.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: Does leaving it aired out/down hurt the air bags? Causing dry rot or cracks in the bags? Just curious.
Not that Ive heard of. The consensus is to make sure air is drained from the tank(s) and that’s it. I will air it up and down occasionally just to “exercise” them but I don’t believe they have issues either with or without air in them.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not that Ive heard of. The consensus is to make sure air is drained from the tank(s) and that’s it. I will air it up and down occasionally just to “exercise” them but I don’t believe they have issues either with or without air in them.
Friend of mine sold an s10 that had bags in them to a body shop--granted its been sitting for a few yrs--those bags have cracks in them from sitting for so long.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine sold an s10 that had bags in them to a body shop--granted its been sitting for a few yrs--those bags have cracks in them from sitting for so long.
And you have no idea how old the bags are I assume? IMO that’s the only issue. If they’re 10 years old, they’re prolly not so good anymore. Like I said, they will get air now and again. And replaced every few years. They’re only about $125 each. Mine are all brand new as of this last summer. I wouldn’t run them any longer than 5 years at the very longest, more like 3 most likely.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And you have no idea how old the bags are I assume? IMO that’s the only issue. If they’re 10 years old, they’re prolly not so good anymore. Like I said, they will get air now and again. And replaced every few years. They’re only about $125 each. Mine are all brand new as of this last summer. I wouldn’t run them any longer than 5 years at the very longest, more like 3 most likely.
You assume correctly. I figured I'd just ask tho. Thx.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:word: