Is there some digital kill switch I can put on my Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably want to have a fuse in that line, somewhere accessible and in a known location.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks!

Did you run the wires into the cabin through the firewall port, then into a rocker switch somewhere near the dash?

If so, how did you extend the wires? Just solder on longer 16gauge wires?
I drilled a new hole in the firewall. Added a rubber grommet and ran extend wires to a rocker switch to interrupt the crank pos fuse.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuses typically go on the hot side (+) between the power source and the load (device drawing power).
They need to be ahead of whatever is drawing current, so they blow when too much current gets drawn in a short to ground.

If you put a fuse on the - side after the load/device, the device or component on the circuit is not protected and you run the risk of serious meltdown or electrical fire.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Less than 30 bucks In supplies coming from the crank circuit. Nobody will ever see it Loomed and all. Basically just take the crank fuse out and buy in line fuse holder for it and build a circuit on a switch. Won't crank. Someone wants my junk they can tow it away.

View attachment 276558 View attachment 276559
What type of momentary switch did you use? I can't find one flush mount like yours

dougo

Reaction score
I have taken the route of just investing in a good alarm such as the directed viper and the 4g smartstart module and adding a tilt sensor and glass break sensor
the worst I should ever experience is a broken window because as soon as the alarm triggers it activates the fob, sends me a text, sends me a email, sounds a alarm on my phone app.
plus the horn and siren are going off and added piezo speaker inside the truck. as a additional deterrent I have added extra (cycling) led's inside the truck so just looking in the window and seeing that should make the average thief walk away.
every time some one breaks in and messes with shit your looking at probably $500 in repairs window glass or door lock, ignition repair, shift linkage repair + whatever they steal.
to each there own but since I invested in the system I have not even had a broken window
I like this idea how long did it take you to install and did you use door pins and if triggered does the starter cut out stay active till the system is reset Thank you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this idea how long did it take you to install and did you use door pins and if triggered does the starter cut out stay active till the system is reset Thank you
no pin's needed the hood has a factory pin, even if they forced the rear glass open if they made any noise at all it triggers the glass sensor, you can't sit in the truck with the alarm set or leave your phone or anything that makes noise in it because it will trigger the alarm.
also you can't start it without a learned key or you would have to swap the ecm with a hacked one, but even getting that far is nearly impossible without triggering the alarm
you would basically have to be a ninja to do it and i can assure you unless you had some kind of gold bar sitting in plain site thieves are going to just pass it up when they see the alarm led flashing.
these are not kia's or hyundia's you can't just break the ignition and turn it and start it. it won't run
other steps you can take
1. lock your vehicle at all times even in daylight in your own driveway
2. tint all the windows that you can legally (if they can't see it, they don't know it's there)
3. park under or near a lighted area
4. park in a frequently traveled spot, not out in the back 40 (this is also just asking for it)
5. keep anything of value out of sight, behind the front seats on the floorboard is good
if you leave things in plain sight then you are just asking for it, plain and simple

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good advice above.

I had a soft-top Jeep Rubicon, so #5 was the most important guideline for me at the time...
No top and no doors in summer, you tend to not leave anything behind.

I still don't keep anything that hints of being worth anything in my Tahoe. Just habit that hangs on for me.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Killing power to the fuel pump is what we did way back in the 80s. We used a 1/4" headphone jack in the dash. Shorted a 1/4" headphone plug and just laid it down in the console. No one but us would think to plug that in to make the car run.

Wasn't sure if the newer vehicles would work that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645