Switching BU Camera from BU Light to Running Light Power with Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

grizzlyak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whew! You had me worried that I was missing something obvious! It's always good to talk it through with someone with more experience though and, besides, now I have another option I had not thought of. I can always learn something new!

Thanks, and Cheers!

OP
OP
G

grizzlyak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been thinking more about this, and am wondering now, since my 7-way trailer connector was added (along with the hitch) as part of the trailering package, the entire wiring harness is probably a unit piece that is added as needed. If that is indeed the case, then it probably has a dedicated plug-in point under the dash or in the engine compartment. Does anyone know whether or not this is correct, and if so, any ideas on where that might be . I'm hoping someone out there may have already figured this out. If I can find it under the dash, that would eliminate two wire runs rom the back, leaving only a single small gauge wire for the camera. The 7-way has full voltage circuits for both Tail Marker (switched) and Reverse (backup only) that could be tapped directly up front.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking more about this, and am wondering now, since my 7-way trailer connector was added (along with the hitch) as part of the trailering package, the entire wiring harness is probably a unit piece that is added as needed. If that is indeed the case, then it probably has a dedicated plug-in point under the dash or in the engine compartment. Does anyone know whether or not this is correct, and if so, any ideas on where that might be . I'm hoping someone out there may have already figured this out. If I can find it under the dash, that would eliminate two wire runs rom the back, leaving only a single small gauge wire for the camera. The 7-way has full voltage circuits for both Tail Marker (switched) and Reverse (backup only) that could be tapped directly up front.
the only wires up front that I am aware of off-hand are the power wire for trailer power and the power wire for a brake controller. otherwise the rest just feeds off the rear light harness

OP
OP
G

grizzlyak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah, interesting. That makes sense. I guess I'll poke around and see where those from the 7-way connector lead and make sense of it. My original plan may be it after all. Appreciate the insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikevisalli