Is there some digital kill switch I can put on my Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for protection so people don't steal it.

I'm doing considerable work to it and don't want someone just to steal it when I'm done.

Just like a box with a digital code I can hide under the dash to prevent igition....

Or something that fits that requirement.

I just don't want someone to steal all my hard work.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for protection so people don't steal it.

I'm doing considerable work to it and don't want someone just to steal it when I'm done.

Just like a box with a digital code I can hide under the dash to prevent igition....

Or something that fits that requirement.

I just don't want someone to steal all my hard work.

Put in a simple switch to kill the fuel pump, hide it with a vacuum line. Or add some switches yours did not originally come with and make one of those the fuel pump kill switch.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to prevent them from driving away, Ravelco is the way to go. Keep in mind, however, this will not prevent them from breaking in and trying. Further, they will sometimes use tow trucks/flatbed trucks. I struggle with these things, as someone tried to steal my daughter's Sierra and my Silverado in September of 2020. The best advice I can give, then, is to apply technology to lengthen the amount of time it takes to steal your vehicle, and include items that make it loud to do so. Hopefully thieves will then be persuaded to look at easier pickings down the road.

Good luck -- theft sucks.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than 30 bucks In supplies coming from the crank circuit. Nobody will ever see it Loomed and all. Basically just take the crank fuse out and buy in line fuse holder for it and build a circuit on a switch. Won't crank. Someone wants my junk they can tow it away.

20200827_185756.jpg 20200827_190027.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have taken the route of just investing in a good alarm such as the directed viper and the 4g smartstart module and adding a tilt sensor and glass break sensor
the worst I should ever experience is a broken window because as soon as the alarm triggers it activates the fob, sends me a text, sends me a email, sounds a alarm on my phone app.
plus the horn and siren are going off and added piezo speaker inside the truck. as a additional deterrent I have added extra (cycling) led's inside the truck so just looking in the window and seeing that should make the average thief walk away.
every time some one breaks in and messes with shit your looking at probably $500 in repairs window glass or door lock, ignition repair, shift linkage repair + whatever they steal.
to each there own but since I invested in the system I have not even had a broken window

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken the route of just investing in a good alarm such as the directed viper and the 4g smartstart module and adding a tilt sensor and glass break sensor
the worst I should ever experience is a broken window because as soon as the alarm triggers it activates the fob, sends me a text, sends me a email, sounds a alarm on my phone app.
plus the horn and siren are going off and added piezo speaker inside the truck. as a additional deterrent I have added extra (cycling) led's inside the truck so just looking in the window and seeing that should make the average thief walk away.
every time some one breaks in and messes with shit your looking at probably $500 in repairs window glass or door lock, ignition repair, shift linkage repair + whatever they steal.
to each there own but since I invested in the system I have not even had a broken window
I went that route too, but the motion sensor sucks balls. We have never been able to get it tuned to be a reasonable alarm versus false alarm. This previous weekend, too, we had the texting feature go NUTS on us; it sent 3 text messages every three minutes for about 12 hours.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went that route too, but the motion sensor sucks balls. We have never been able to get it tuned to be a reasonable alarm versus false alarm. This previous weekend, too, we had the texting feature go NUTS on us; it sent 3 text messages every three minutes for about 12 hours.
Yes the motion sensors are crap, swap it out with a GLASS sensor, all you have to do is unplug the motion sensor and plug in the glass sensor and place the mic up in the corner of the drivers pillar, requires no programming, plug-n-play

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than 30 bucks In supplies coming from the crank circuit. Nobody will ever see it Loomed and all. Basically just take the crank fuse out and buy in line fuse holder for it and build a circuit on a switch. Won't crank. Someone wants my junk they can tow it away.

View attachment 276558 View attachment 276559

Thats a good one.....you're a sneeky mofo.
Is that a push button on/off in the cubby hole?

Did you put those brakes on yet? Or just building inventory in your garage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe