I need some insight on a motor swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
IMO stick with the cheap ring and pinion kit, that will get you what you need for now. I would also replace you wheel bearing in the axle the same time. This will get you the gears you want......new bearings, which will get the reliability you are after.
Ok so new ring and pinion and wheel bearings, because I don't wanna go too cheap, you get what you pay for, but would $300-500 be a cheap set?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what would be recommended for that set up? Or is there more to it then just the differential to launch at 4-5k?
I might answer my own question but please tell me if I'm wrong, but would I need a 4l80e with a high stall converter and a rear diff bigger then a 8.5 like you said? The more information, the better, like I said I'm wanting to learn more and this is almost better then YouTube learning
Definitely a 4L80e. And I would upgrade to the 9.5 semifloat rearend from the newer suburbans. The 8.5 will probably get you by for a little bit, but you are talking about getting a HEAVY rig off the line in a hurry.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
Definitely a 4L80e. And I would upgrade to the 9.5 semifloat rearend from the newer suburbans. The 8.5 will probably get you by for a little bit, but you are talking about getting a HEAVY rig off the line in a hurry.
So if I upgrade to the 9.5 I will need a new axle right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts