Is there some digital kill switch I can put on my Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good one.....you're a sneeky mofo.
Is that a push button on/off in the cubby hole?

Did you put those brakes on yet? Or just building inventory in your garage?

Collecting parts...tomorrow I'm picking up that kyb steering stabilizer I seen posted earlier this week. Might install it this weekend might not!! Hahaha!!

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine put one of these on his Super Duty after it was stolen and recovered the following day. The replacement relay can't be distinguished from the original factory relay. The relay has a transmitter in it that is activated by the key fob. No key fob to activate the relay, no fuel pump or ignition powered up.

Cyclops Anti-Theft Systems

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the whole Directed package - remote start with 2-way paging alarm, the alarm notifications on my phone and such... it's nice peace of mind. I wish I'd done it all on my Z as well, the only part I don't have on that one is the satellite. But 2-way paging alarm is definitely the way to go.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Less than 30 bucks In supplies coming from the crank circuit. Nobody will ever see it Loomed and all. Basically just take the crank fuse out and buy in line fuse holder for it and build a circuit on a switch. Won't crank. Someone wants my junk they can tow it away.

View attachment 276558 View attachment 276559

What type of connector is that? the one on the fuse box

KevinS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Several other notification and recovery if stolen options that are coming out include the Apple AirTag (when they start shipping) hidden in the vehicle, the BMMPR (bmmpr.com) plug in module with one time cost, and the Smart Mimic module (still appears to be in development.) All have advantages and disadvantages. You could also purchase a bike alarm that can be set to go off with any movement - just make it not very accessible to someone breaking in.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine put one of these on his Super Duty after it was stolen and recovered the following day. The replacement relay can't be distinguished from the original factory relay. The relay has a transmitter in it that is activated by the key fob. No key fob to activate the relay, no fuel pump or ignition powered up.

Cyclops Anti-Theft Systems
Now this would be a fantastic system, if it could be overlayed with the factory remote, lock doors, and set system, or, unlock doors, deactivate system, all in one motion..

I, too, dont want another app on my phone, or more stuff hanging from my keychain. Not to mention, if you are at a sporting even or something, you arent getting back to your vehicle in time. Than on the other side of things, no one pays attention to alarms any more.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than 30 bucks In supplies coming from the crank circuit. Nobody will ever see it Loomed and all. Basically just take the crank fuse out and buy in line fuse holder for it and build a circuit on a switch. Won't crank. Someone wants my junk they can tow it away.

View attachment 276558 View attachment 276559
Hey could you tell me where you got this fuse/tap wire to install a kill switch?

3EFA5272-D47C-4E99-931E-13D04541653C.jpeg

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey could you tell me where you got this fuse/tap wire to install a kill switch?

View attachment 388265
It's this one

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's this one
Nice! Thanks!

Did you run the wires into the cabin through the firewall port, then into a rocker switch somewhere near the dash?

If so, how did you extend the wires? Just solder on longer 16gauge wires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401