Should I put a grille guard on my Tahoe? is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exzelz

Reaction score
I’ve been on the fence for a while about getting a push bar for my Tahoe and I just found one used on offerup for $150, and it is a full guard push bar and it looks to be in good condition.

Should I send it and buy it or would it be a waste of money?

I mainly like the look of them, but would it make my truck safer at all?

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To me, IMO, the guards are only for if you NEED it. Why put it on, for looks? The pic you show looks great. With a grill guard, not so much. Added weight to the front end. Trying to look like a cop car?

OP
OP
exzelz

exzelz

Reaction score
To me, IMO, the guards are only for if you NEED it. Why put it on, for looks? The pic you show looks great. With a grill guard, not so much. Added weight to the front end. Trying to look like a cop car?
Yeah that would be the main reason is for the looks, i’ve always liked the look of em. My profile picture is what my Tahoe looks like right now

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They absolutely will NOT make your Tahoe "safer." If anything, if you're unfortunate enough to be in a frontal crash, it'll cause more damage. There's a reason a lot of insurance adjusters call them damage multipliers.

On the other hand, I used mine a few weeks ago to get my Fusion unstuck from a snow drift. Primary purpose of mine is to allow me to install extra lighting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123_094125_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_094125_Gallery.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 5

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been on the fence for a while about getting a push bar for my Tahoe and I just found one used on offerup for $150, and it is a full guard push bar and it looks to be in good condition.

Should I send it and buy it or would it be a waste of money?

I mainly like the look of them, but would it make my truck safer at all?

I love mine. I am dying to use it. And I like the looks. I did have some ******* come across 3 lanes try to drive into my l/f bumper and I believe it helped save me some damage to my vehicle. He wasn't so lucky. It makes a great work shelf too when working under the hood. I always put my oil and washer fluid jugs on the cross bar when I top off every week. I got the same headlights as you too. I think they compliment each other. I am not a fan of the headlight side loop things that a full front push bar may have though.

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I love mine. I am dying to use it. And I like the looks. I did have some ******* come across 3 lanes try to drive into my l/f bumper and I believe it helped save me some damage to my vehicle. He wasn't so lucky. It makes a great work shelf too when working under the hood. I always put my oil and washer fluid jugs on the cross bar when I top off every week. I got the same headlights as you too. I think they compliment each other. I am not a fan of the headlight side loop things that a full front push bar may have though.

View attachment 422071

View attachment 422072

View attachment 422073
You already have a shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts