IMPORTANT: The Chronicles of Low Oil Pressure by 07burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scruffy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone in their travels ever read about the oils that go into our trucks? that it was about having a high quality, something about LL improvers in the formula? this was to assist the DoD from slugging? Sorry about the Babbel-ling-I just stick to Liquid Moly or Royal Purple-I luvs my baby that much! I too eliminated some nasty things to enjoy my truck with no more problems. Did the sensor and filter, stop using more flex-fuel than hi-test + an additive was added (Lucas for E-85), ugh! Sickening! Couldn't be happier for the last 10k miles, with no end in sight! (i change the oil every 5k miles; my truck sits a lot and runs far when it goes) I still love the DoD too!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone in their travels ever read about the oils that go into our trucks? that it was about having a high quality, something about LL improvers in the formula? this was to assist the DoD from slugging? Sorry about the Babbel-ling-I just stick to Liquid Moly or Royal Purple-I luvs my baby that much! I too eliminated some nasty things to enjoy my truck with no more problems. Did the sensor and filter, stop using more flex-fuel than hi-test + an additive was added (Lucas for E-85), ugh! Sickening! Couldn't be happier for the last 10k miles, with no end in sight! (i change the oil every 5k miles; my truck sits a lot and runs far when it goes) I still love the DoD too!
I spend a fair amount of time @BITOG forum learning about oil, etc. I've been doing UOA on our vehicles for 11+ yrs. 0w-20 oil is a good match with me and my 2007 6.2L L92.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/latest-uoa-0w-20-07-6-2l-w-180-k-mi.136491/

My 2007 6.2 didn't come from GM with DoD thank goodness. I changed the oil pump pickup o-ring 4 yrs ago as preventative mx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe