Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing some garage cleaning yesterday afternoon and discovered several pinkish, dime-sized drops on my garage floor. Tell-tale sings that at least one of my connectors is failing. Again.

I replaced both connectors about 2 years ago with Dorman units, then repalced those with OEM connectors within about 6 months due to failure----so I'm seeing another failure of the OEM connector within 18 months after installatoin. (I had the dealer do the last connector replacement to make sure that the failure wasn't due to me screwing it up.)

Either there is something fundamentally wrong about my vehicle, or the basic connectors suck and are prone to fail within indefinite intervals. I think the latter is the case.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got a reply from Gruven today...

"In all this time we have only sold 6 total of these. Still trying to push this on the forums. Im not sure why nobody seems to want this, it’s a great idea. WE will make them, Im trying to push through this month. Of course if more people were into it we would be able to get much more priority in the shop, its very hectic right now.

Paul

www.GruvenParts.com

https://www.facebook.com/GruvenParts/ "

I wish people would inundate his inbox telling him "if you build it they will come"... lol

To be honest, I'm a little aggravated about the whole thing.

When this whole thing started I emailed Gruven and pitched them the idea for the T-connectors.

He responded back and said he thought it was doable and if I would ship him the original parts, including the metal pieces that they connect to, he assured me that he would build a set for me to test out and do the R&D for him before he sent them to market.

I gladly agreed and went to a salvage yard to get all the components he needed including the heater core nipples and shipped them out to him the next day.

It was only after doing this that he changed the story and said he would need to get 10 preorders before making any.

So much for R&D testing I guess.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Got a reply from Gruven today...

"In all this time we have only sold 6 total of these. Still trying to push this on the forums. Im not sure why nobody seems to want this, it’s a great idea. WE will make them, Im trying to push through this month. Of course if more people were into it we would be able to get much more priority in the shop, its very hectic right now.

Paul

www.GruvenParts.com

https://www.facebook.com/GruvenParts/ "

I wish people would inundate his inbox telling him "if you build it they will come"... lol

To be honest, I'm a little aggravated about the whole thing.

When this whole thing started I emailed Gruven and pitched them the idea for the T-connectors.

He responded back and said he thought it was doable and if I would ship him the original parts, including the metal pieces that they connect to, he assured me that he would build a set for me to test out and do the R&D for him before he sent them to market.

I gladly agreed and went to a salvage yard to get all the components he needed including the heater core nipples and shipped them out to him the next day.

It was only after doing this that he changed the story and said he would need to get 10 preorders before making any.

So much for R&D testing I guess.

I know it's not exact, but here's where I'm at as I contemplate what to do with mine ...

Screenshot_20190312-222007_McMaster.jpg Screenshot_20190312-221858_McMaster.jpg

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then he has a month before I pull my order and get my money back. 6 months is more than long enough to piece together time to make these.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to put an order in, but I need something sooner than he's willing to manufacture it. I'll order a few GM Tee's, and change them every few years. Too bad.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason why you couldnt use braided coolant lines and just a AN Y fitting?

file_10_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026