Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I placed 2 separate orders for a single “t” if it would help get the ball rolling sooner. I believe I need 2 for the reAr heat. The more I read about these failing makes me want to replace mine, but if I’ll have to wait months I’ll just buy the oem version and hope they last long enough.

Two separate single orders won’t make a difference. It’s exactly what I did because I forgot to change the quantity to 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Has Gruven presented a cad / 3d drawing of the prospective part?

Here's why I ask: The posted example pictures are for barbed hose ends. Not the quick connect fittings like we have. Based on the info I've gathered from this thread, it sounds like it'll be a barbed T-fitting that you slip a hose onto and clamp in the appropriate areas.

In that case, I'm really not seeing an advantage over these things, which you can grab for 10 bucks.

To put it differently, T fittings are already available. What makes their product, which is more expensive, not yet on market, no date to have on market, and without any sketches/drawings better than this?

41ODUZEyF6L.jpg

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's why I ask: The posted example pictures are for barbed hose ends. Not the quick connect fittings like we have. Based on the info I've gathered from this thread, it sounds like it'll be a barbed T-fitting that you slip a hose onto and clamp in the appropriate areas.

In that case, I'm really not seeing an advantage over these things, which you can grab for 10 bucks.

To put it differently, T fittings are already available. What makes their product, which is more expensive, not yet on market, no date to have on market, and without any sketches/drawings better than this?

41ODUZEyF6L.jpg

Figure out what fitting works, get a manufacturer and part number and let us know.

Reaction score

41ODUZEyF6L.jpg
The Gruven part is billet, not brass..... Duh

Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

41ODUZEyF6L.jpg

The picture is of the actual design.

The problem is that the rear heater core lines are a different size which makes finding an off the shelf part more difficult... perhaps not impossible but more difficult.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

41ODUZEyF6L.jpg

Figure out what fitting works, get a manufacturer and part number and let us know.

The Gruven part is billet, not brass..... Duh

Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

The picture is of the actual design.

The problem is that the rear heater core lines are a different size which makes finding an off the shelf part more difficult... perhaps not impossible but more difficult.

Dig around at www.mcmastercarr.com. I don't know the exact hose sizes needed, but when I looked (and decided NOT to send Gruven any money) I found multiple brass, aluminum, or stainless options in tee or even wye, that look like we could make them work.

Screenshot_20190312-222007_McMaster.jpg Screenshot_20190312-221858_McMaster.jpg

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
@kbuskill do you know the hose sizes and their configuration on the Tee?

The front heater core line measures ¾” OD and the rear heater core line measures ½” OD.

The 3rd fitting that goes back to the engine measures 5/8” OD.

This is why it is hard to find a fitting without using several adapters.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front heater core line measures ¾” OD and the rear heater core line measures ½” OD.

The 3rd fitting that goes back to the engine measures 5/8” OD.

This is why it is hard to find a fitting without using several adapters.
Seems that ID of the line is what matters. Why are you giving the OD? Or are those the OD sizes of the fitting? I’m confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts