Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent an email asking for a refund and got this back. Sorry but 6 months is plenty of time to run a few out.

“Ok and sorry for all this. These parts are now being made finally despite very very low demand.

The site price will likely go up as well to account for the limited production batch unfortunately.

Check back when actual part pics have been posted on the site rather than CAD renderings and I will also update the site text to show when actual parts are ready for shipment, if you are still interested down the road.

Meantime, hopefully the cheap plastic fittings don’t do what they do best…”

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Sent an email asking for a refund and got this back. Sorry but 6 months is plenty of time to run a few out.

“Ok and sorry for all this. These parts are now being made finally despite very very low demand.

The site price will likely go up as well to account for the limited production batch unfortunately.

Check back when actual part pics have been posted on the site rather than CAD renderings and I will also update the site text to show when actual parts are ready for shipment, if you are still interested down the road.

Meantime, hopefully the cheap plastic fittings don’t do what they do best…”

Soooooo..... $ back?

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
So, I finally got around to changing out "all hoses" and the T fittings with 100% oem components. Those T fittings are a bit of a pita to remove from up under the firewall, I cant imagine being on the side of the road or in a autoparts parking lot and having to do it! especially if it was a hot engine. Just for kicks i put the old T fittings in the vice and bent/tweaked them but they wouldent break. I think these were the original set so 11 years old. Also i bought 2 gallons of dexcool concentrate and should have only bought 1. i now have a gallon and a half left over, i could only get about 10 qts back into the system and i did a full flush and purged with compressed air prior to refill. Bottom line is i think the OEM components are solid parts, I can see how degraded coolant may attribute to plastic parts failing prematurely and add the "china dorman" knockoffs in and you have everything required for a perceived crappy factory design. I should have replaced the water pump, murphy's law says it will start leaking within 6 months of a coolant change lol.

Reaction score
My 2001 with 200k miles still has the original T fittings (knock on wood) lol

Granted, I've not had to do any work on the motor except to change plugs and wires. Still has original hoses and accessories. I'm sure if I've done work like replacing hoses, heater core, intake manifold/valve cover gaskets, etc. they might have gotten tweaked and damaged and failed before now.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I finally got around to changing out "all hoses" and the T fittings with 100% oem components. Those T fittings are a bit of a pita to remove from up under the firewall, I cant imagine being on the side of the road or in a autoparts parking lot and having to do it! especially if it was a hot engine. Just for kicks i put the old T fittings in the vice and bent/tweaked them but they wouldent break. I think these were the original set so 11 years old. Also i bought 2 gallons of dexcool concentrate and should have only bought 1. i now have a gallon and a half left over, i could only get about 10 qts back into the system and i did a full flush and purged with compressed air prior to refill. Bottom line is i think the OEM components are solid parts, I can see how degraded coolant may attribute to plastic parts failing prematurely and add the "china dorman" knockoffs in and you have everything required for a perceived crappy factory design. I should have replaced the water pump, murphy's law says it will start leaking within 6 months of a coolant change lol.

My 2001 with 200k miles still has the original T fittings (knock on wood) lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

I agree that as long as we don’t replace the original fittings with Dorman parts we should be fine and should treat this as a maintenance issue that needs to be done pre-emptively. I will be replacing my OE parts that are now going on 17 years old with new OE parts next weekend. There have been issues with the Dorman parts breaking soon after install. I’m a firm believer that there are very few parts on my truck that I trust Dorman with, but if it’s hard to get to or critical, you can be sure it won’t be Dorman. I figure if ANY part lasts for 15+ years it doesn’t need to be redesigned but maybe just replaced with the same quality part. As far as difficulty replacing them, I plan on just plain cutting the old ones off with some tin snips. No sense being careful, just destroy the damn things. As long as what they connect to doesn’t get hurt, you’re good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts