Does any use a Fumoto oil pan drain valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love our Our Subaru for the top mounted filter, but hate the mess the pan drain makes. Who ever invented under chassis panels never changed oil.
We had a BMW long ago with the top mounted filter and I am guessing that the copycats caught on.
Yeah, all my BMWs have had top mount filters, and the manual references a vacuum hose down the dipstick tube to remove the old oil.

I had actually purchased a fluid evacuator specifically for my 540i, but UPS delivered it to the wrong address, and those dicks kept it. I got a refund after filing a UPS claim, but shortly after my car was totalled in a rearend collision.

I have another 540i, and might get another fluid evacuator just to make life easier.

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I stumbled across these in a reddit thread, and the fleet techs said they love them for clean oil changes.
I put one of the Fumotousa valves on my 2009 suburban (with the LC9 engine) and I have had zero issues with it. My daughter liked having it so much that she just had me order one for her Mazda3...
the oil flows out a little slower, but you can direct the flow right into the recycling container.
no complaints

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fill my Blackstone Labs oil analysis containers precisely. It flows pretty slow, it’s easy to control. Just unscrew a little bit and it closes. A gallon jug would be easy but I’m not gonna lay there and wait to fill a jug. That’s why I use a drain pan and just leave it draining after I get the sample. I come back in a half hour or so. It’s easy to put it into gallon jugs from the drain pan.

Does it fit well on its own into the recessed oil drain plug on the NBS? Or does it require the extension adapter?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it fit well on its own into the recessed oil drain plug on the NBS? Or does it require the extension adapter?
No adapter on mine, I did get the one with a 90* fitting since the drain plug is vertical instead of horizontal, so the hose points straight down.
Edit: I don’t recall my drain plug being recessed ? Pics of yours please.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No adapter on mine, I did get the one with a 90* fitting since the drain plug is vertical instead of horizontal, so the hose points straight down.
It’s just recessed ever so slightly, but wanted to assure it didn’t interfere at all with the valve (photo from 1AA)

Is the 90 degree elbow version also adjustable, so you can tighten it well and also position it perfectly downwards?

015BD91E-4870-4430-99E3-8350807C7ABB.jpeg

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was going to order the adjustable one, it uses a banjo bolt design, which allows you to point the direction perfectly instead of where it lands once tightened down.

And because of the banjo bolt, it already points down at a 90 degree angle.

Does yours point perfectly downward?

2BAC92DF-5DAC-4F6C-AFC9-13E0404DA6CF.png

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all my BMWs have had top mount filters, and the manual references a vacuum hose down the dipstick tube to remove the old oil.

I had actually purchased a fluid evacuator specifically for my 540i, but UPS delivered it to the wrong address, and those dicks kept it. I got a refund after filing a UPS claim, but shortly after my car was totalled in a rearend collision.

I have another 540i, and might get another fluid evacuator just to make life easier.

Bastards!!! Yeah I love mine. I can't get to the bottom of the oil pan on the Tahoe though. I can on the trans.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to order this one, the direction that it points is fully adjustable before tightening down by using a banjo bolt design.

And because of this, it points down at a 90 degree angle anyway.

This way it can be fully tightened and still point exactly downwards.

View attachment 395118
I use a Femco like I stated earlier, they’re a bit different design. BTW I’m not sure this is the right thread for the LS, I’d have to double-check. I don’t remember the exact model.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Femco like I stated earlier, they’re a bit different design. BTW I’m not sure this is the right thread for the LS, I’d have to double-check. I don’t remember the exact model.

Ah sorry! Missed the part about the Femco.

I actually looked at those too… I also really liked the Femco, also liked the Valvomax and Stahlbus ones because they use a screw cap (and look well built), but they use a check ball design, which requires a proprietary adapter/hose to release the oil… Which I’m liable to misplace/lose :rotflmao:

Whereas this Fumoto can be used without the proprietary adapter, while a hose can easily be sourced at the hardware store if that gets misplaced.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17