2003 z71 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next projects to knock out in the next couple..
Minor patching on the passenger rocker with a cover
2500hd conversion new front bumper/bumper pad/grille, may get some black foglights
tint the windshield and rear hatch glass
clay bar/polish/wax

not in a rush for these next ones but have them on the radar for later this year or next..
new gm exhaust manifolds, gaskets, bolts.. I have two broken bolts.. going to have a shop do it.. may have them do motor mounts at the same time
new maf sensor, starter, oil pan gasket, pick up tube o ring, oil level sensor, crankshaft sensor
I got a nylon fuel line kit off ebay, will replace the original lines and also new fuel pump
Replace the remaining brake lines from the kit I have

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With those Esky corner vents and those tails, combined with that rear glass, I had to do a double take because I thought I was looking at an S10 Blazer for a second.
View attachment 395151
View attachment 395152

See the resemblance? Lol!
Those back rear corner vent louvers.…. I have one that’s cracked on my 2001 Yukon SLT. Does anyone have an extra passenger side rear cover trim vent for sale? Or know a good source? How do I remove them? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those back rear corner vent louvers.…. I have one that’s cracked on my 2001 Yukon SLT. Does anyone have an extra passenger side rear cover trim vent for sale? Or know a good source? How do I remove them? Thanks in advance.
I have both my original vent covers if you were interested in them. $20 plus cost of shipping.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'll Zelle you $20 plus fair shipping, sent you a DM, pic would be great, any tips on removing / replacing? Thanks a lot.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're called appliqués. This guy shows how they come off and where the clips are, he starts the removal around 2:30 into it. Using a plastic trim removal tool will help, since they do take some persuasion. I'd recommend letting yours warm up in the sun for a bit before doing any prying. The audio is pretty low, so be ready to turn it up.

Here's the back side of the Esky piece, they're in the same exact place as the Tahoe's. The circles show the plastic clips on one side and the metal clip on the other; the arrow shows the hole at the top, after the screw is removed as shown in the video.

Esky applique clips.jpg

Last edited:

555hp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have both my original vent covers if you were interested in them. $20 plus cost of shipping.
Is Scott doesn't take them, them pks add me as a back up.

I have the Surburban version of yours (2003, Z71) and decided to give it a major makeover, though maybe not as much as yours. I am very interested in your factory sub replacement (box size and how you got everything to fit) and how hard is was to replace the fram isolators.

I'm trying to keep most things factory original (OEM radio, 17 inch wheels( but will do many of the other upgrades you did (E?efans are my next project).

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is Scott doesn't take them, them pks add me as a back up.

I have the Surburban version of yours (2003, Z71) and decided to give it a major makeover, though maybe not as much as yours. I am very interested in your factory sub replacement (box size and how you got everything to fit) and how hard is was to replace the fram isolators.

I'm trying to keep most things factory original (OEM radio, 17 inch wheels( but will do many of the other upgrades you did (E?efans are my next project).
Took the seats out, and the console out, gutted the inside of the console from factory amp and hacked away at the frame.
I grabbed an 8" sub and calculated minimum volume for the box, used cardboard to build a mockup that would fit, and then made it out of MDF.
There isn't sound isolators there isn't room, but the box is wrapped in sound carpet cloth and it sits on carpet, the console frame almost hugs it for support. It's legit and solid but not 100% pretty.