2003 z71 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
@ncalvo Nice build! I noticed you installed the s&b silicone body mounts. How do you like them? Stiffer than OEM rubber or about the same? I tried polyurethane mounts years ago and they were terrible. Felt every imperfection in the road practically rattled the truck apart. Ripped them out 3 days later. The silicone ones seem interesting but I’d really like them to be softer like the OEM rubber ones. Let me know. Thanks. Keep that thing running. Best full size platform so far.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ncalvo Nice build! I noticed you installed the s&b silicone body mounts. How do you like them? Stiffer than OEM rubber or about the same? I tried polyurethane mounts years ago and they were terrible. Felt every imperfection in the road practically rattled the truck apart. Ripped them out 3 days later. The silicone ones seem interesting but I’d really like them to be softer like the OEM rubber ones. Let me know. Thanks. Keep that thing running. Best full size platform so far.
Thanks
The s&b were pricey but I am very happy with them, no complaints at all, body is perfectly level and ride is smooth and responsive

ZEUS1

Reaction score
@ncalvo How do you like the 3.73 gear set? I ask as i think that is what i want to go with in my Tahoe. What RPM do you run down the freeway, just curious.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ncalvo How do you like the 3.73 gear set?
I ask as i think that is what i want to go with in my Tahoe. What RPM do you run down the freeway? just curious.
I know, I'm not ncalvo. My Tahoe Z71 came with 3.73. Every time I floor it, I die a lil inside.
I'll upgrade from 3.73 to 4.10 at my first convenient opportunity.
The pcmperformance tune was very helpful, the 4L60E is now much more enthusiastic about downshifting QUICKLY.
Still, 3.73 seems like the bare minimum axle gear for impatient leadfoots like myself.
If you are more of a laid back driver, 3.73 might suit you - I just disagree.
4.10 would actually improve metro / urban MpG by spending more time in 3rd than 3.73.

As for the highway, in 4th with the TCC locked up, 3.73 yields the following (255/70R18):
2250RpM = 82MpH
1750RpM = 64MpH
1250RpM = 46MpH
Since I don't spend much time cruising over 75MpH, 4.10 would suit me better on the highway too.
Hope this helps.

ZEUS1

Reaction score
I know, I'm not ncalvo. My Tahoe Z71 came with 3.73. Every time I floor it, I die a lil inside.
I'll upgrade from 3.73 to 4.10 at my first convenient opportunity.
The pcmperformance tune was very helpful, the 4L60E is now much more enthusiastic about downshifting QUICKLY.
Still, 3.73 seems like the bare minimum axle gear for impatient leadfoots like myself.
If you are more of a laid back driver, 3.73 might suit you - I just disagree.
4.10 would actually improve metro / urban MpG by spending more time in 3rd than 3.73.

As for the highway, in 4th with the TCC locked up, 3.73 yields the following (255/70R18):
2250RpM = 82MpH
1750RpM = 64MpH
1250RpM = 46MpH
Since I don't spend much time cruising over 75MpH, 4.10 would suit me better on the highway too.
Hope this helps.
Great to know, i may now go with 4.10's. The Cam i put in my motor will like the extra RPM's, I have a post in this thread section on my build, appologies for the quick hijacking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2