AC Delco or Moog front end rebuild kit for 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately all if the good brands don’t sell a whole “kit” you need to piece it together yourself.

Moog CK stuff seems to be alright, mevotech green stuff seems like it might be ok but I’ve never used it personally

Reaction score
I think 1A Auto sells kits, some including wheel hubs/bearing. I can't remember the brand, but know they are priced quite a bit cheaper than others, and don't know how good they are.

EDIT: Oh, it's the TRQ brand. Here's an example, but they have kits that include hubs and kits that include half shafts as well

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 years and how many miles do you figure Dave?

Chris @iamdub did his a few years ago but I don't think he's put 10K on it since.

I've actually put about 25K on it since then! I replaced all those parts when I lowered it near the end of '19. Then, about six months later, I did the engine work and that was right at 200K. I'm now at 222K.

To add to the pile for @dictum: I used ACDelco Professional for my upper and lower control arms. This is now/also known as ACDelco "Gold". It was then that I learned of the various quality and price levels of ACDelco parts and that they weren't actually factory parts. The arms came in ACDelco boxes, etc. but are 100% Moog CK series. The CK series is 'okay', but still not OE/Genuine GM (what came on your car from the factory). The CK-series is better than the Moog R-series, which is probably what would be in an ACDelco "Silver" or "Advantage" box. "Silver", "Advantage", R-series, etc.- avoid 'em all.

As for my ACDelco Professional/Moog CK arms- The arms themselves are fine. It's just cast iron poured to a shape. The bushings and ball joints seem fine. The boots suck. That's my only problem with them. They tore after maybe 10K miles, if that. I do not overfill them with grease. They split along an inner fold so it's definitely the material they're made of that failed.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've actually put about 25K on it since then! I replaced all those parts when I lowered it near the end of '19. Then, about six months later, I did the engine work and that was right at 200K. I'm now at 222K.

To add to the pile for @dictum: I used ACDelco Professional for my upper and lower control arms. This is now/also known as ACDelco "Gold". It was then that I learned of the various quality and price levels of ACDelco parts and that they weren't actually factory parts. The arms came in ACDelco boxes, etc. but are 100% Moog CK series. The CK series is 'okay', but still not OE/Genuine GM (what came on your car from the factory). The CK-series is better than the Moog R-series, which is probably what would be in an ACDelco "Silver" or "Advantage" box. "Silver", "Advantage", R-series, etc.- avoid 'em all.

As for my ACDelco Professional/Moog CK arms- The arms themselves are fine. It's just cast iron poured to a shape. The bushings and ball joints seem fine. The boots suck. That's my only problem with them. They tore after maybe 10K miles, if that. I do not overfill them with grease. They split along an inner fold so it's definitely the material they're made of that failed.
Exact same thing that's happening to the ball joint on one of my Moog lower control arms. Annoying. I'm letting it ride for now, but I know that's a short term strategy and I'll be in there again soon enough. If I can't find OEM, I will replace it with Mevotech this time and see if that's any better.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exact same thing that's happening to the ball joint on one of my Moog lower control arms. Annoying. I'm letting it ride for now, but I know that's a short term strategy and I'll be in there again soon enough. If I can't find OEM, I will replace it with Mevotech this time and see if that's any better.
That's what I am going with on my 2015. The Mevotech TTX versions. They also have a warranty with them. I noticed the A1Auto's TRQ parts have a warranty as well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! 4 years already? Time flies!

I didn't do the math until you just mentioned it. But, yeah, going on four- ALREADY! Almost three years from when I tore it down for the motor work. Already.

Geez. Makes me feel like I haven't done anything to it in so long and am way overdue for some sort of upgrade or change.