AC Delco or Moog front end rebuild kit for 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dictum

Reaction score
2013 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2L AWD

Nothing impressive on RockAuto, the best kit they have is MevoTech 8-piece and based on the reports, it's mediocre.
Is there a similar kit based on Moog parts or OEM AC Delco?

The rearch revealed nothing on Ebay, Amazon, this forum, etc. I do not want to buy all these pieces one at a time. Would be convenient if someone combined the needed parts into one kit. I want to keep this vehicle as long as possible.

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
That's what I listed in my inquiry. The question is, who sells a kit of about 8 pieces?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

Nothing impressive on RockAuto, the best kit they have is MevoTech 8-piece and based on the reports, it's mediocre.

The rearch revealed nothing on Ebay, Amazon, this forum, etc. I do not want to buy all these pieces one at a time. Would be convenient if someone combined the needed parts into one kit. I want to keep this vehicle as long as possible.
Id look on eBay
I run kryptonite suspension personally as their supposed to be heavy duty and has a lifetime warranty on all their parts even the ball joints and tie rods

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When I did my 2007 a few years ago, I had to piece together a 'kit' myself. There was nothing available of top quality being sold pre-bundled.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No kits are worth a damn. If you want the Denali to ride like it did off the showroom floor there is but one option, GM OE. A distant second is ACDelco Professional/Gold which in control arms is the same as Moog CK Series, literally the same. Many like Kryptonite and Mevotech but I have no empirical data on how well their parts ride and last.

Upper and Lower Control Arms, Front struts piece by piece, inner and outer tire rods, sway bar bushings and end links front and rear, rear air shocks and the compressor for your truck if it's wore out. Many of the nuts and bolts and alignment parts must be replaced or ought to be replaced, especially if you live where they salt the roads.

If you are interested in the GM OE stuff I can give you the part numbers tomorrow.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kits are worth a damn. If you want the Denali to ride like it did off the showroom floor there is but one option, GM OE. A distant second is ACDelco Professional/Gold which in control arms is the same as Moog CK Series, literally the same. Many like Kryptonite and Mevotech but I have no empirical data on how well their parts ride and last.

Upper and Lower Control Arms, Front struts piece by piece, inner and outer tire rods, sway bar bushings and end links front and rear, rear air shocks and the compressor for your truck if it's wore out. Many of the nuts and bolts and alignment parts must be replaced or ought to be replaced, especially if you live where they salt the roads.

If you are interested in the GM OE stuff I can give you the part numbers tomorrow.
^^^^THIS^^^^ 100%

When I pieced together the stuff for my 2007 I used Moog parts for all but one of the tie rod ends that I couldn't get so I subbed in a Driveworks one. Fast forward 4 years to last year and I had to replace that same tie rod end due to a blown-out boot, but this time used a GM OE. And I now have a boot on one of the Moog lower balljoints about to tear. When I do my 2012 in a few years, I'm going to use all GM OE this time because it sucks to have to pull it all back apart every few years.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^THIS^^^^ 100%

When I pieced together the stuff for my 2007 I used Moog parts for all but one of the tie rod ends that I couldn't get so I subbed in a Driveworks one. Fast forward 4 years to last year and I had to replace that same tie rod end due to a blown-out boot, but this time used a GM OE. And I now have a boot on one of the Moog lower balljoints about to tear. When I do my 2012 in a few years, I'm going to use all GM OE this time because it sucks to have to pull it all back apart every few years.
4 years and how many miles do you figure Dave?

Chris @iamdub did his a few years ago but I don't think he's put 10K on it since.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 years and how many miles do you figure Dave?

Chris @iamdub did his a few years ago but I don't think he's put 10K on it since.
Only about 32K at that point. It's like the rubber boot on that balljoint is made of gouda cheese. Here was my parts manifest at the time. Note that they were the Moog "R" line, which is their value line. It was all I could get locally at the time. Presumably their CK/K line would fare better.

1681274673940.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I replaced the upper/lower control arms and inner/outer tie rods last November using the Moog CK series parts. They all looked and felt like the originals except the ball joints are Moogs "bootless" or "internal boot" design. Also, I've noticed the tie rods, the part sticking out of the boot, started turning brown with that light rust color after about a month. I just sprayed and wiped them down with Surface Shield. The control arm finish is fine and still black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64