AC Delco or Moog front end rebuild kit for 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exact same thing that's happening to the ball joint on one of my Moog lower control arms. Annoying. I'm letting it ride for now, but I know that's a short term strategy and I'll be in there again soon enough. If I can't find OEM, I will replace it with Mevotech this time and see if that's any better.

I meant to see if replacement boots were an option. Googling...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do the math until you just mentioned it. But, yeah, going on four- ALREADY! Almost three years from when I tore it down for the motor work. Already.

Geez. Makes me feel like I haven't done anything to it in so long and am way overdue for some sort of upgrade or change.
I'd say it's time for a supercharger!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2L AWD

Nothing impressive on RockAuto, the best kit they have is MevoTech 8-piece and based on the reports, it's mediocre.
Is there a similar kit based on Moog parts or OEM AC Delco?

The rearch revealed nothing on Ebay, Amazon, this forum, etc. I do not want to buy all these pieces one at a time. Would be convenient if someone combined the needed parts into one kit. I want to keep this vehicle as long as possible.
I'm rebuilding the front end on our 07 Denali (186k miles) sometime this yr, so I've purchased (amazon):

2 MOOG K100026 Caster/Camber Adjusting Kits- $54 pr

2 Dorman 917-517 Front Wheel Hub Bolt 3 Pack - $30 pr

Front Suspension Sway Bar Links - $25 pr

Detroit Axle - a pair of Front Upper Control Arms w/Ball Joint and bushings - $74 pr

Detroit Axle - Front Aluminum Left & Right Side Lower Control Arms with Ball Joints and bushings - $306 pr

Detroit Axle - Left & Right Front Inner and Outer Tie Rods w/Boots - $53 pr

Detroit Axle - Both sides Front CV Axles & Wheel Hub Bearings - $286 pr

Reaction score
That brings up a good point, pick up either a camber/caster adjusting kit which includes the cam plates and flat sided bolts, or at least get a couple of the flat sided bolts.

I found when removing mine the front most bolt was seized into the bushing and snapped one of them when removing the nut. The other side didn't break but it was corroded and rusty. I replaced both front bolts. The cam plates were fine, but I did clean them up a bit. I also cleaned the area the cam plates lay against and sprayed the area with fluid film or surface shield to help prevent them from corroding to each other.

20221029_130932.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll just say this, if im going through all the work to pop the lower balljoint out of the knuckle Im going to throw a whole new BJ in there, same goes for the upper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts