2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjimmy

Reaction score

1badjimmy

Reaction score
Moar pix

Dynamic friction part number for pads that fit the fancy red calipers, I think. They definitely do NOT fit the PPV Calipers.

Comparison. Dynamic friction pad on top, PPV pad on bottom.

The pad hardware for the dynamic friction branded brake pads doesn’t work on the PPV calipers.

And wouldn’t you know it GM doesn’t include the pad hardware with their ~$300-$400 brake pads

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Moar pix

Dynamic friction part number for pads that fit the fancy red calipers, I think. They definitely do NOT fit the PPV Calipers.

Comparison. Dynamic friction pad on top, PPV pad on bottom.

The pad hardware for the dynamic friction branded brake pads doesn’t work on the PPV calipers.

And wouldn’t you know it GM doesn’t include the pad hardware with their ~$300-$400 brake pads

The NBS brake calipers look puny compared to the 2021

Last edited:

Drivinhard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

What did you do about the pad hardware? I don't even see it listed on the GM parts diagram breakdown.

I have all the bits other than that, will be installing them on my '02 Suburban soon. Currently has the 4 piston 13.5" '21 Suburban/Yukon brakes.

Last edited:

1badjimmy

Reaction score
What did you do about the pad hardware? I don't even see it listed on the GM parts diagram breakdown.

I had my dealer order it.

85153957 is the part number.

It’s to service 1 caliper so order 2.
I have all the bits other than that, will be installing them on my '02 Suburban soon. Currently has the 4 piston 13.5" '21 Suburban/Yukon brakes.

What have you done about the rear brakes?
Mine need replaced and didn’t want it to look funny with the little rotor back there.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That PPV Brembo caliper is slightly different from other Brembos', the pad can NOT be removed without removing a caliper anchor bolt. See the pix listed as No.4.

Other Brembos' caliper have NO "cross member", after pads clip (hardware) being removed, the pads can be removed.

Drivinhard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my dealer order it.

85153957 is the part number.

It’s to service 1 caliper so order 2.

What have you done about the rear brakes?
Mine need replaced and didn’t want it to look funny with the little rotor back there.
Great, thx. Looks like they are proud of those.

I haven't sorted the rear out yet, with the current front '21 burb brakes I'm still running the factory '02 rears. Even the 13.6" 4 piston calipers look small in the 20" Sierra wheels, so I don't think doing much in the back is going to ever "look" proper.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only ones are the fronts that won't fit the spare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094