2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the 2021 ppv rotors and calipers fit the 2015-2020?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago, when I put drop spindles on my Expedition, I had to run 18" wheels to clear them. This was fine, as I'd bought a set of Lightning wheels for it. I ran into the same issue with the spare, as we're discussing here. After much looking I couldn't find any solution for an 18" spare with that bolt pattern, other than a custom steel wheel for $$$. So I bought another used Lightning wheel that was badly curbed and spray-painted black to use as a spare. It was $30 if I recall.

So I'm thinking you could just buy a used OEM wheel that clears. There are plenty of OEM 20" wheels out there with peeling chrome, or curb rash, that are almost worthless except as a spare. With the OEM tire diameter, it should fit in the spare well. Or am I missing something?

adams260z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will the 2021 ppv rotors and calipers fit the 2015-2020?
Anyone out there do this swap so far? I purchased the callipers, assembling the rest of the items now. Posted in another Post, but will ask the same here. Anyone out there able to provide the dimensional information for the PPV rotors on the '21's? There are (2) part #'s listed and one is about $200 more than the other. I know they are '16 in.' but need to know all dimensions to try and find alternatives and confirm they will fit on the '15 to '20 hubs/caliper to bracket layout/etc. Any help is appreciated!

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to piece this together as well. Any rotor p/n's yet?

Tim

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to piece this together as well. Any rotor p/n's yet?

Tim

Post #6 has a detailed parts list with prices.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see post 6 but its the GM aftermarket system. I would think individual pieces parts would be cheaper but maybe not.

Tim

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 inch won't fit in the 18in slot I tried

The overall diameter of the spare wheel and tire should be the same as the rest of your alloy wheels and tire combos. With that I'm confused why a larger wheel will not fit in the spare spot. You have to use a thinner tire with a larger wheel to achieve the same overall diameter.

This is the part that concerns me the most. Does the spare tire area not accommodate a tire/wheel assembly that is wider (regular size tire) than the original spare? I would think the diameter of the spare and regular wheel/tire is the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345