What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
@kbuskill getting ready to have new door handles installed soon.

What is this hardware and why do I need it over stock ones?

It is an aftermarket insert that goes into the door handle about 2 or 2.5 times deeper than the factory inserts that the bolts screw into. The idea is to give more surface area for the insert to bite into so that the handles don't break as easily. Again, I have never personally used these but the theory seems sound.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dusted off my car audio hat and put it on. Something that I haven’t done since high school/college.

Had a blown center dash speaker in my ‘13 Escalade ESV with factory Bose. Did some digging on the line and found the center dash speaker is a 3.5” mid and is 3.35 ohms. 3.35 Ohms is very odd (as are all the Bose speakers). I wanted to find something as close to that as I could and found these:

They’re discontinued, but sonicelectronix had (2) sets in stock at the time. They’re 3.5 ohms so I figured that was probably as close as I was going to get.

Picked up some GM speaker wiring harnesses and some 3.5” foam baffles.

Turned out great! This 3.5” Infiniti blows the old 3.5” Bose dash speaker away! Now I’m just worried that I’ve opened Pandora’s box because I just know how much better the stereo could sound if I upgraded all the Bose speakers. Other upgrades are a higher priority…

Some pics:

IMG_4158.jpegIMG_4159.jpegIMG_4160.jpegIMG_4161.jpegIMG_4162.jpeg

Last edited:

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
Dusted off my car audio hat and put it on. Something that I haven’t done since high school/college.

Had a blown center dash speaker in my ‘13 Escalade ESV with factory Bose. Did some digging on the line and found the center dash speaker is a 3.5” mid and is 3.35 ohms. 3.35 Ohms is very odd (as are all the Bose speakers). I wanted to find something as close to that as I could and found these:

They’re discontinued, but sonicelectronix had (2) sets in stock at the time. They’re 3.5 ohms so I figured that was probably as close as I was going to get.

Picked up some GM speaker wiring harnesses and some 3.5” foam baffles.

Turned out great! This 3.5” Infiniti blows the old 3.5” Bose dash speaker away! Now I’m just worried that I’ve opened Pandora’s box because I just know how much better the stereo could sound if I upgraded all the Bose speakers. Other upgrades are a higher priority…

Some pics:

View attachment 425632View attachment 425633View attachment 425634View attachment 425635View attachment 425636

Great choice going with the Infinity speaker.
I have never been a Bose fan.
If I wanted decent sound on a budget I would choose Polk Audio over Bose any day.
My daily driver Kia Optima has the Harmon Kardon stereo and I think it blows away any factory Bose setup I have ever heard.
Plus, I can pause and rewind live radio! :cool:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger front seat reclines but won’t go back up…
Fuuu…

Mike did exactly the same thing when I got it.

but so weird the drivers switch swapped and it worked. put the pass on the drivers side and it worked.

I was down in FL at a friend's house working on it. so I just left them swapped and both still work. weirdest thing I've ever seen

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
Just replaced the passenger fog light bulb. While I was doing that I also decided to check/drain the catch can.

View attachment 425731

Nice hot rod.
While I appreciate the craftmanship and skill needed to do one right, I prefer bone stock prewar cars.
You know, more along these lines.
It's in my garage, right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667