What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My aftermarket spoiler started warping before the clearcoat could fail. I ended up buying an OEM take-off from an Escalade that was already painted the same dark grey color as my Yukon. The aftermarket lamp fit perfectly. So it ended up being a nice upgrade over the black aftermarket one.
I spent a few minutes searching ebay for a take off OE Escalade one in black or carbon flash metallic and all the ones I found either would have to be repainted because of the same problem, or they wanted upwards of $300 for one.

For that price I could either buy a new aftermarket one like I have or have a body shop/paint guy fix the one I have.

Unless someone on here has or knows someone who has one in good shape that's wanting to let it go for like $150-200

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a eagle eye one years ago, someone on here bought it from me, I had bought the putco one with a chrome light and then tinted it red, that lasted for a while but the tint came off so I bought the eagle eye one I think the vip motors one is the eagle eye it was a red lamp and black housing, then I bought the oem escalade housing and had it painted to match while I was having a bumper painted, put the red light in the oem housing and put the chrome light in the eagle eye black housing and sold it. all in that was probably $500 :shrug: but the end result was good the oem housing is fine and eagle eye lamp works fine
wasn't till a couple years later started hearing about the aftermarket ones warping across the top
I think I did something to the putco housing either it broke or I scratched it or something I know it got tossed in the garbage. I don't remember exactly I think the putco housing had the lamp attached in the oem holes with melted plastic so when I pulled the lamp out it was basically garbage after that.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The driver door mirror adjustment for both mirrors on my Silverado quit working on the left button only so I opened that switch up and cleaned the contacts which has worked on the other door switches but not this time. $18 for an OEM switch and about 2 minutes to swap it out. Good to go.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a few minutes searching ebay for a take off OE Escalade one in black or carbon flash metallic and all the ones I found either would have to be repainted because of the same problem, or they wanted upwards of $300 for one.

For that price I could either buy a new aftermarket one like I have or have a body shop/paint guy fix the one I have.

Unless someone on here has or knows someone who has one in good shape that's wanting to let it go for like $150-200

Will one from an Escalade work with no modifications or gaps? I know a guy that has two black ones he's parting out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck