What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is so true it hurts haha. and mine is hybrid specific. looks like windows 3.1 in 2011 and doesn't even play music over Bluetooth haha.

it's pretty gross, but I also haven't seen anything that is a clean seamless install either. that said it's still a major upgrade from the factory c6 corvette radio. the non nav bose is like a step back in time to the 80s. stock it was painful to listen to, legitimately 80s 2 6x9s in the back dash sounded better than it did too. thing has 10in subs in the doors of all places, they do nothing but rattle a little bit. rear speakers were both tied to one channel, with the speakers just handing from a plate open in the back, it was wild. a small center of the dash speaker. I had to scrap the whole system, couldn't even use the factory speaker wiring. I put in some pioneer head unit that everyone recommended as the most seamless install and the adaptor boxes to make it all work. it sounds good finally but the radio over all sucks, android auto is pretty awful, I don't even use it. I don't fully understand the hype for auto and car play. both are annoying to me.

with such a crap experience with that one, unless I find something that works correctly for the yukon. sadly I think I'm leaving it alone. and by alone I mean mostly turned off, and just drive without listening to anything lol.
I have used android auto since day one, there have been some bumps in the road along the way going from wired to wireless but for me it works great I stream pandora automatically and waze opens up automatically, all i have to do is turn the key on.
I get all my traffic alerts
that's all i need
if I want to play movies on all 3 screens I just turn them on instead of android auto and swap waze to my phone screen and stick it on a mount.
I disabled the bose ANC, added 2 12"s and a amp.
this is with a maestro rr, pioneer wnex.
I could integrate a radar detector to the radio, add 360deg camera's, etc
the rear entertainment still works seperate but with the sub's it kind of defeats the purpose

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's been years since I missed with it. when I did it completely disabled my phone.. like back screen. the radio screen had like 6 icons, all useless. I didn't get it.. more of a fiddly hassle then just using my phone.

there's not much space in these non xl ones, I don't think I'd add a box with subs. maybe a small tube for some filler. but it's the wife's daily and left to her there's to much bass in the stock system haha. so probably never well.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do anything with the Autolevel sensor rods with the lift? Do you have a Tech2? If so, you can do an Autolevel sensor relearn/reset with it.
I’ve disabled them when replacing front struts

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the chart.

Is that for the 8.6" or 9.5"?

My rear diff is an 8.6" being AWD.
Those specs cover both the 8.6 and 9.5 and drive type does not matter. I think that one chart did show the different torque values based on axle type though such as the bearing cap torque. 55 ft lbs for the 8.6 and 63 for the 9.5 for example.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's the fuel alcohol % named under fuel trims?

I have this, but I'm thinking that's not it.. that's just what it's currently targeting Lambda wise

PXL_20230814_002538533.jpg

if that's not it, I guess that settles that hybrids can't run E85. I don't see a E% anywhere

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
what's the fuel alcohol % named under fuel trims?

I have this, but I'm thinking that's not it.. that's just what it's currently targeting Lambda wise

View attachment 406022

if that's not it, I guess that settles that hybrids can't run E85. I don't see a E% anywhere

Do you have Engine Data 1 and Engine Data 2 and, if so, did you look there? It should show no matter if it's E85 compatible or not.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have Engine Data 1 and Engine Data 2 and, if so, did you look there? It should show no matter if it's E85 compatible or not.

I'll have to look again, I'm honestly not sure. I looked under fuel trims and fuel pump related stuff. the normal engine parameters and some random stuff. I didn't see anything.

but I don't remember a data 1 and 2. might not have it named that. engine stuff is kinda a very small percentage compared to all other other stuff in there.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done anything to it since getting back from vacation except washed it. Noticed the clear coat on the top of the rear spoiler is peeling. It's aftermarket with a smoked full length LED brake light. Only about 3 years old. I still have the factory one boxed up and stored in the garage.

So I have a rant about passengers and interior door release levers.... How many of you have kids or passengers that pull the lever to open the door and just release it and let it "snap" back? I noticed this on my trip. My son's girlfriend did it every time getting out of the car. Also would slam the door closed. I would comment on the door slamming when getting out, but she didn't seem to pay much attention to it. She's just clunky in general and stomps when she walks. Sounds like a horse walking through the house.
My aftermarket spoiler started warping before the clearcoat could fail. I ended up buying an OEM take-off from an Escalade that was already painted the same dark grey color as my Yukon. The aftermarket lamp fit perfectly. So it ended up being a nice upgrade over the black aftermarket one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My aftermarket spoiler started warping before the clearcoat could fail. I ended up buying an OEM take-off from an Escalade that was already painted the same dark grey color as my Yukon. The aftermarket lamp fit perfectly. So it ended up being a nice upgrade over the black aftermarket one.
I did the same except I had mine painted to match, they pop up on ebay for $80-200 from time to time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts