What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I was anticipating $1800 with just the lifters and being somewhere north of $2000 with the motor mount added on. I actually called and confirmed that they had everything.
Sounds like they did you a solid with the motor mount. Too bad they wouldn’t put an H3 mount on instead of the liquid filled one because it will most likely leak eventually. But you’re good to go and that’s awesome. It’s unfortunate that there’s a few known defects with this platform- the lifters, motor mounts, dash, etc that, if eliminated, would make these trucks bulletproof. It’s kind of annoying but it could be worse for sure. Glad you got her back on the road!:)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they did you a solid with the motor mount. Too bad they wouldn’t put an H3 mount on instead of the liquid filled one because it will most likely leak eventually. But you’re good to go and that’s awesome. It’s unfortunate that there’s a few known defects with this platform- the lifters, motor mounts, dash, etc that, if eliminated, would make these trucks bulletproof. It’s kind of annoying but it could be worse for sure. Glad you got her back on the road!:)
Exactly!

Funny you mentioned the cracking dashes. My wife pointed out a crack that has started on the dash yesterday. Guess I hit the trifecta this past week!

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights received again... one of the bowls hit the lens again and chipped it...... not as bad as the first time. Turns out it’s an issue with Eagle Eyes QC, and the amount of slop in the adjustment. Which is annoying because EE is apparently the best aftermarket option. The beam is too low and I can’t even adjust it because it’s touching the lens. Going to pull the whole front end apart again, and see if I can take up the slop while turning the adjustment. What a PITA. They won’t be doing any paint work on nnbs housings in the future because of this... he’s sending a partial refund. It makes no sense to send them back again because that probably won’t help. Hopefully I can make it work.

I still need to wire in the switchbacks too.

6CC6B75A-6507-43FD-97C6-9B9140C8763C.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlights received again... one of the bowls hit the lens again and chipped it...... not as bad as the first time. Turns out it’s an issue with Eagle Eyes QC, and the amount of slop in the adjustment. Which is annoying because EE is apparently the best aftermarket option. The beam is too low and I can’t even adjust it because it’s touching the lens. Going to pull the whole front end apart again, and see if I can take up the slop while turning the adjustment. What a PITA. They won’t be doing any paint work on nnbs housings in the future because of this... he’s sending a partial refund. It makes no sense to send them back again because that probably won’t help. Hopefully I can make it work.

I still need to wire in the switchbacks too.

View attachment 363898
Why not bake it open and fix the adjustment? It’s a PIA but I’ve opened a set on my Silverado twice without issue, and they’re painted too. I did all the work myself including a single pair on mini H1 retros and painting the first time, then a second set on mini H1’s for a quad setup the second time. Just buy some retrobutyl from TRS in case you need to add some when you go to bake them closed.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not bake it open and fix the adjustment? It’s a PIA but I’ve opened a set on my Silverado twice without issue, and they’re painted too. I did all the work myself including a single pair on mini H1 retros and painting the first time, then a second set on mini H1’s for a quad setup the second time. Just buy some retrobutyl from TRS in case you need to add some when you go to bake them closed.

I will do that if needed

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: I think I found it in a few places now if anyone needs it...

PN 15853945

Does anyone know where to find a new middle row dome light lens online? I’m not having any luck. Seems like something that should be easy to get. I’ll be installing all white led interior lights this week and I broke the tabs on that lens a while back

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly!

Funny you mentioned the cracking dashes. My wife pointed out a crack that has started on the dash yesterday. Guess I hit the trifecta this past week!

Drill a tiny hole right at the very end of the crack and epoxy it all back together. I'd suggest the black J-B Weld Plastic Bonder since it matches the factory Ebony dash so well. But if your interior is any other color- good luck!

Fixing the crack and adding support under the center (folded spare rag or towel) will really help to prevent further cracking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo