What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had a reason to drive it- had to go pick up Kin from her friend's house. On my way there, I took my time to let it all warm up before easing into it on the highway to a comfy 90ish.

Yeah- that's about all my excitement for the week. She's parked again, probably for a week or two. Or three.

Malik112099

Reaction score
Plastic razor bladed and eraser wheeled the old 3M off my Yukon. Not bad for how old it is. Prepped the door molding with new 3M. I replaced the driver's side rear molding in 2017 when I bought it. Still holding up well.

Gonna run it through the car wash tomorrow to clean off the eraser wheel dust and then install the molding when I have a chance.

Attachments

• 693EA174-966A-4B0E-87B7-96DAF80FB8A1.jpeg
    693EA174-966A-4B0E-87B7-96DAF80FB8A1.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 8119D71D-689F-4659-A041-1F520A171268.jpeg
    8119D71D-689F-4659-A041-1F520A171268.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 6F670D46-95B0-43AC-827C-DC6EF4B5FB9F.jpeg
    6F670D46-95B0-43AC-827C-DC6EF4B5FB9F.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 6

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
It’s just an exhaust band clamp. They go by OD of the pipe. Measure the pipe, order a genetic clamp off Amazon, have it tomorrow. Don’t make everything so complicated!

But i like overthinking things!
Also keeping it factory is easier usually.

+ there is a retainer strap holding that b in place.
I was thinking to just take the new band clamp and remove the bolt and the beveled bolt thing from it...

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this was yesterday, but my wife called me from work yesterday morning and asked if I knew what the ticking sound was that was coming from the motor. She put the phone near the motor and I was pretty sure it was a collapsed lifter. As it is currently not an option for me to tear into the motor, I had her take it to the local GMC dealer in the town she works in, that we have been using for over 10 years. I trust Loras, the Service Manager, and his techs as they do good work, communicate very well, treat my wife very respectfully when she has to drop off the vehicle and are just stand-up guys. Also, even though we have never bought a car from them, they have always provided a loaner vehicle when needed. They confirmed that it was #6 AFM lifter that gave up the ghost. I bought the vehicle with 85K on it and it has 135K on it now. I do know that the lifters were all replaced at 43K under warranty by the previous owner. Right now I am having them just replace the passenger side lifters so that it $650 in parts and 10 hrs at $85/hr shop rate. Gotta love my small town, locally owned dealer and their reasonable shop rates. Wish I had the time to do this myself, as I would do both sides for less money, but my schedule doesn't support that at the moment so there I am. I am also having them take care of a broken motor mount that I have been putting off for a little bit as well.
UPDATE:

Got the vehicle back from Rotman's in Maquoketa, IA on Saturday. Final bill for passenger side lifters and associated consumables and gaskets, along with replacing the driver's side motor mount, taxes and shop supplies was just under $1800.00. That also included a free loaner car to use while it was in the shop.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Got the vehicle back from Rotman's in Maquoketa, IA on Saturday. Final bill for passenger side lifters and associated consumables and gaskets, along with replacing the driver's side motor mount, taxes and shop supplies was just under $1800.00. That also included a free loaner car to use while it was in the shop.
That's actually a pretty good price considering.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Y to Muffler clamp, Found it!!

$24 + tax...
Not the most expensive bolt, but it's up there. :jester:

And I have an appointment with the welder today. :cheers:

I wish I took more time looking at possible sensor locations, but I was on a roll
Thinking I'll have him put it as close to the original up stream sensor as possible.
Noticed that seems to have the most amount of room...

And after i had the Y out, I found my sensor bungs..
I have two, one came with my AEM, and the other with the innovate.
AEM bung is way nicer, so I'm going to rock that on the driver side.

Was thinking Maybe I should toss in a passenger side as well...
Never know, it might be handy to have.
Too bad I didn't spend time looking at clearances on that side (or both sides for that matter). :banghead:

Oh well, this Y is a temporary solution anyways.
2009 OEM cats, high mileage, Not correct for a 6.0 or 6.2 (small), and lots of oil burning through the PCV...