Need suggestions - After the mess I have gone through over the past 9 months, what should I ask GMC to do? Vehicle repurchased, new vehicle in shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they do buyback look into a certified lexus lx570 for reliability. Lexus is probably behind on tech and a few other things but they run forever.

basketballmail2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All makes and models will have their issues. I think the main problem here is that when you get into a vehicle like a Denali or High Country you are now pushing nearly 100k $ and you start to expect more from the company behind it. Not just quality wise but also service wise. The problem is you are still just buying a GM product. You're not getting the "service" of a "premium" brand like Mercedes or BMW but you are nearing their price level. That's what's most frustrating to everyone involved in that. And having parts issues, lack of communication and all that fun stuff doesn't help either.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All makes and models will have their issues. I think the main problem here is that when you get into a vehicle like a Denali or High Country you are now pushing nearly 100k $ and you start to expect more from the company behind it. Not just quality wise but also service wise. The problem is you are still just buying a GM product. You're not getting the "service" of a "premium" brand like Mercedes or BMW but you are nearing their price level. That's what's most frustrating to everyone involved in that. And having parts issues, lack of communication and all that fun stuff doesn't help either.
Possibly the best comment of the year here!

This is exactly how I feel. Both my Yukons were north of 90K. Sadly I do feel like I should be handled differently that a guy that buys a base Equinox. Maybe I am just full of myself, I dont like that I feel this way but its my truth.

OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
To bring closure.....

This is FINALLLLLLY closed. GM made me whole with couple of months worth of payments, plus the 7yr/100k warranty. Very fair if you ask me.

Bought previous truck back
Allocated new truck to me
Paid for all expenses
Refund of some monthly payments
Extended extended warranty by GM

Happy this is done!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly the best comment of the year here!

This is exactly how I feel. Both my Yukons were north of 90K. Sadly I do feel like I should be handled differently that a guy that buys a base Equinox. Maybe I am just full of myself, I dont like that I feel this way but its my truth.
I get it but at the end of the day it's a GM product they would probably treat you different at Cadillac, but I'd doubt it. I know Acura, Lexus dealers have always treated me right and gave me a loaner anytime something was wrong. Not that they cost more but they treated you differently even though it was just a fancy Honda, Toyota. So GM treats you the same as the base model work truck because they're not "premium" brand or whatever. It's all bullsh** and dealers are scumbags regardless.

OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
I did a LOT of research and settled on the Yukon the first time. When I went through all of this, I went through a LOT of updated research and ended up with the Yukon #1 again.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L w/49K miles and reading this story is like viewing plane crash vids just before getting on a plane! Got my fingers crossed for sure! 4,000miles so far and rig is running smoothly/working perfectly at every feature.

Thanks for the detailed experience and things you did. If I do have trouble, it's stories like this that helps one with ideas of what to do.

basketballmail2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L w/49K miles and reading this story is like viewing plane crash vids just before getting on a plane! Got my fingers crossed for sure! 4,000miles so far and rig is running smoothly/working perfectly at every feature.

Thanks for the detailed experience and things you did. If I do have trouble, it's stories like this that helps one with ideas of what to do.
Don't get too worked up about it, remember, 99% of the time you only hear about the bad things in all aspects of life. Seldom do people praise stuff when things go flawlessly. It's like working in IT nobody even dreams of mentioning your work when everything works perfectly but as soon as there is a hiccup everyone is there trashing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel